Hello From Wisconsin

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello From Wisconsin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jeg143
    Participant

Hello from Madison WI! I have been playing ukulele for about 3 years. My oldest daughter really wanted a “guitar” for Christmas when she was 5 and I got her an inexpensive Kala soprano. She mostly used it as a dress up prop, but I started messing around on it. A year and a half later I bought a nicer tenor and not too long after that another so I also had a low G. Safe to say I’ve got the bug now.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by jeg143.
    lisadmh
    Participant

Welcome! It seems like a lot of people get into it that way. Welcome to RC101. Enjoy poking around the site. Come check out the monthly challenge. We have lots of fun over there.

jeg143
    Participant

Thanks Lisa! I’m working on St. James Infirmary this month. Getting a recording I’m happy with is tough though. Eventually I’ll just post where I’m at regardless.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, @jeg143! Happy to have you on-board and I look forward to watching your performance of SJI 🙂

charles605

@jeg143
    Hello from South Dakota.

melanieh
    Participant

Hi @jeg143!
    I’m quite a new member too. Just joined Nov 2021. Welcome and looking forward to your awesome videos 😊

Cheers,
    Melanie

jeg143
    Participant

Thanks Melanie! I don’t know about awesome, but I’ll keep posting videos. I think we have crossed paths in the comments section of a YouTube ukulele site. I think you suggested a soloist low-G string to me. I’ve purchased one but haven’t put it on yet. Happy uking!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by jeg143.
    melanieh
    Participant

Hi @jeg143! I remember you! Small world huh? Have you managed to finish that lowG arrangement from that ukulele site? You made me learn that song too 😅

jeg143
    Participant

I can’t remember which low g arrangement that was. Was it You’ve got a Friend in Me? if so yes I worked it out and I play it all the time.

melanieh
    Participant

Oh! I love that song too.

@jeg143
    this was the one I’m talking about 😊

gi_gi_
    Participant

@melanieh That was beautiful.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.