Help me name my new song

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Help me name my new song

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    soraya06
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have been playing the uke now for a little over 6 months and it has been quite a wondrous journey where i have found a true passion for this wonderful little instrument ! Now there is not a day that goes by that i don’t pick up my pono to play, even if it’s just five minutes, and i honestly can’t imagine my life without it anymore 🙂
    The uke made me come to realize that i have a lot of music inside of me and ever since i have written my first tune two months ago i constantly hear music in my head. Unfortunately sometimes i realize i don’t have the necessary skills to actually bring a song to life, but i’ll keep practicing and hoping that one day i will be there.

In the light of my 6 month anniversary i wanted to write something a little more complex and longer than i have until now. I have experimented using hammer’ons and pull off’s in this tune cause that’s a skill i have yet to master, so i thought it would be a nice practice for me incorporating them in the song. The result is a somewhat odd mixture of jazz and classical influences and it is by far not completed, it’s just a little snippet of a much larger song and it’s still very much a work in progress 🙂

Now, i wanted to ask for your help ! Usually i first have a concept in mind i want to write about, like for instance the feeling of spring or clouds moving by, and then write from that idea. But with this tune i am kinda lost cause it just grew organically without a preconceived idea and to be honest i can’t really pinpoint what kind of imagery or feeling it invokes in me…..

I wanted to ask you guys what you feel,see in your mind’s eye or sense from this tune. What does it invoke in you and how i should name it ???

all feedback is very welcome !!!

rickeymike
    Participant

Exploring deep within a forest after a rain shower. I hear water droplets hitting ferns and flowers on the forest floor. “Rapture in the Rain”

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by rickeymike.
    soraya06
    Participant

Ooooh that is wonderful @rickymike ,i love that imagery, i can totally see it !

rickeymike
    Participant

Soraya I named it “Rapture in the Rain”

soraya06
    Participant

@rickeymike I loooove that ! It goes nice with my nature themed previous titles too 🙂 Thank you so much for your input, it’s greatly appreciated. “Rapture in the rain” is a strong contender for sure !

jinajupiter
    Participant

Very Mooi!

soraya06
    Participant

dank je wel Jina, my fellow dutchie 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

A nomadic people settling in at an evening fire for chatter and casual dancing.

Beautiful!!

soraya06
    Participant

That is a beautiful visual lisa ! Thank you 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

This is a wonderful piece – it reminds me of dawn breaking on a clear day, Soraya! So maybe I’d call it
    “Day Break”

Its beautiful! You are a composer for sure.

wabbit
    Participant

That was very nice.

How about: Global Healing?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by wabbit.
    anirbaf
    Participant

this is so beautiful! i think the time after rainfall is absolutely fitting! the scent when everything is still wet but everybody still inside with some light peeking through the clouds. plus it’s amazing what you can do after just six months!! where did you learn your songwriting skills you inspire me to try it myself (:

anirbaf
    Participant

how about “reflections” (:

fiat-lux
    Participant

Very nice, i’m impressed that you just play for 6 months.
    For the title of your song, it’s difficult cause i’m a french guy with a different background, but if i try to feel american from my french mental landscape, the name that is coming to me is “Tumbleweed”. But i’m not sure what is for me a free exotic vegetal nomade is a positive thing in your culture.
    The strange thing is that if i think in french, that’s a totally different feeling and i would say “Rosée du matin”, that we can translate by “Morning Dew” i think…

robinboyd
    Participant

I can hear the influence of Taimane’s Moon in this, but it’s not derivative at all. It’s really pretty. I like everyone’s suggestions so far and all I can say is that something along those lines would be very appropriate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.