Help. Missing note? maybe?

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Help. Missing note? maybe?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

RE Tonight you belong to me.

Hey Matt, Andrew and class: In measure #8 could there be a missing note “G” at the end of the measure? the first two notes in the measure correspond to the two syllable word lo – ng then the “B” note would correspond to the word “to”. Now I’m looking for a note “G” to correspond to the word “me” before I begin measure #9.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by rickeymike.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by rickeymike.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

No missing note. Sounds like some unwanted feedback briefly before the last hit in the measure (2 on string 1).

rickeymike
    Participant

not a feedback issue. I’m just trying to find a note to go with the word “me” as in, starting with the last part of measure 7 and going through measure 8…..mute strum, mute strum, you be – lo – ng to me.

As written, I can’t get the word “me” in before I start the G triplet strum in measure 9.

Andrew
    Keymaster

“Be” starts on the & of 4 in measure 7. “Long” occurs over the 2 hits in bar 8: 1 &.

So one word over 2 bars and 3 notes. Tricky!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Oh sorry, misread. “Me” starts in measure 9, beat 1.

rickeymike
    Participant

Ok, I think you cleared it up. But hear is my video to you which I was making before your last comment.So what you’re saying is the first hit of the triplet strum is also used to sing “me”. Correct?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Yes!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.