Help Us Plan Our Lesson Curriculum for 2019!

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Help Us Plan Our Lesson Curriculum for 2019!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

One thing that I would like to see in a site upgrade concerns the monthly critiques. Now, especially with so many entries, I’d like to be able to read the critique of a particular performance and be able to see that performance with one click. Maybe in a new pop-up window so that I can close it and still be on the critique page. As it is now, I have to go find that performance then re-find the critique. And I can’t go to a particular page without opening each page one by one til I arrive at the page with the performance being critiqued.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Good idea, Rickey! Lately, we’ve been publishing folks that are all contained on one page. This way, you can open up a new tab, with just that pages performances on it.

There isn’t much functionality that can be done for this forum, besides re-pasting the performance with the feedback. But, that may become a bit cumbersome.

kanae926
    Participant

That is a really good idea, Rickey. I usually open up two browser tabs (so that I can go back and forth between the performance page and the critique page). Another idea might be to link the original post to the user’s name at the beginning of the feedback? It still requires a different tab, but it helps to navigate there faster.

rickeymike
    Participant

Ok. So I can have two or more RockClass sites opened at the same time? Voila. Just did it.

rickeymike
    Participant

Andrew, no. Don’t re paste. That would double the amount of pages. ha.

Andrew
    Keymaster

lisadmh – Feedback for Lisa.

The above is the best idea I have. What do you guys think?

kanae926
    Participant

Andrew, I think that would work great! I hope it doesn’t create more work for you and Stephen, though. I can only imagine how time-consuming providing feedback can be as it is, but I find it so helpful in learning from (not just mine, but from everyone’s evaluations) if I can reference both more easily. 🙂

Thank you for all you do!

lisadmh
    Participant

Wow, reading from the bottom of the thread up, y’all had me confused and a little worried. I thought you were talking about me. Lol.

It’s a great idea though if it’s not too much work.

robinboyd
    Participant

I’m happy doing what Kanni does and opening a separate tab. I really don’t want to create any more work for you guys.

rickeymike
    Participant

Yes, I agree with Robin. As I said above, just tried it out by having two rock class sites opened at the same time. One can stay on the page that you are critiquing and the other on your critiques.
    On the same subject, didn’t you previously give more immediate feedback? That is, you began critiques in the middle of the month instead of waiting till the month was over. Isn’t immediate feedback the gold standard in teaching? Hope this doesn’t sound harsh.

becky7777
    Participant

I’m good either way. That’s neat linking to the video though.

Adorable cat btw lisa! 😉

Andrew
    Keymaster

We’re happy to try the linked names for December 🙂

Rickey, the course was much more work than anticipated, plus I’m preparing for our performance at NAMM. So Feedback was put on the back burner last month.

rickeymike
    Participant

Got it. I figured that’s what was happening as those videos were piling up. 🙂

miztaken
    Participant

Andrew – what day/time for your performance at NAMM?

I do hope we can see it (we will arrive in LAX on Friday afternoon, and if necessary Beloved Husband can drop me at NAMM while he goes and checks in at our accommodation 😀 ).

incywincy
    Participant

Linked names on feedback is a great idea if it’s not too much work. If it is in the end, I’m happy to have two tabs open so I can easily find the performance. Looking at the feedback for everyone is soooo helpful. It’s one of the many things that makes this site special.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.