Help Us Plan Our Lesson Curriculum for 2019!

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Help Us Plan Our Lesson Curriculum for 2019!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@miztaken we play Thur @ 1pm and Fri @ 11am. We’re planning to shoot a vlog, so yes there will be snippets of the performances!

hlglazi
    Participant

Everything about you lessons are great! As a beginner, I still have difficulty transitioning to more difficult chords and avoid songs with E’S OR B’S. LOL Or I find cheat ways to get around them. Em (I play a G). More strumming exercises and patterns and specific ways to get use to the “ hard chords” would be my vote. Instant gratification in the beginning for me was what motivated me to learn more but I still like to strum and sing a song in between learning the technical stuff. I’m looking forward to the addition of new beginner songs! Btw…Dueling Banjos on ukulele would be awesome!

miztaken
    Participant

Sigh… We will miss your performance 🙁
    I look forward to seeing the Vlog instead.

What do you say to a musician about to perform? Is it “Break a string” ?!?!
    (instead of “break a leg” for actors)

wongbrown

Hi Andrew, I joined Rockclass101 about a year now. It is impressive to see how much you and your team have done. I have not only improved the skills in playing ukulele but a lot of other aspects in music. Thank you so much, Andrew. You are a very good teacher! The passion in teaching and patience you have is priceless.

I really like the upcoming changes for 2019 and can’t wait to see them happen. They cover everything I can possibly think of. Just for suggestion sake, how about an online live jamming session so that we can play together with participants from different parts of the world. Another request(my dream)is whether it is possible you make a visit to Australia for a concert this year, 🤪

Sheila

Just want to say thank you! This is the best site for learning uke by far!!! I have been expanding myself and growing with you! I would love to understand how playing up the neck of ukulele and using different chords can add some spice to the music.. I started with Bad Moon Rising and trying to understand how bar chords work. You are so patient and …you explain very simply and thoroughly how to create a song. So thank you again!

becky7777
    Participant

Hey Andrew, two suggestions, kind of.

This first is more an observation, and if you know where I can find it, point and I’ll go there and feel like an idiot lol.

There are absolutely 0 places online that show even a few basic ukulele scales mapped out on a low G ukulele neck. It’s just annoying. I mean It’s something that can be figured out, but it’s really annoying especially when you first get one and you go “maybe practice a scale, all these people saying practice scales” search it, and every scale diagram and audio example I found is like don’t play that low G! (or high g for that matter lol.)

I was like “umm, ok… I won’t play that string then…. I have no idea why not on low G, but ok…” Depending on whatcha got planned maybe throw in some diagrams on low G stuff. I think you’d have a unique thing for people getting started with a low G. Sounds like a pain though. I think there would be interest? but I could be very wrong.

Is there any chance the strumming techniques will cover any banjo rolls? It seems especially relevant with banjoleles, and that stuff can mostly be played high g and low G too. Again not super necessary since there’s banjo videos etc. Just was wondering on this one.

Took a while to find this thread again. Great job on rolling out 2019 so far!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Becky, check out the theory course. It kicks off with a lesson on the Major scale. There’s a diagram of that scale in 5 positions throughout the neck in this lesson.

Banjolele lessons will happen. Stay tuned!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.