Here comes thesun

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Here comes thesun

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jinajupiter
    Participant

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for sharing this great arrangement.
    I have two question about bar 28.

1. In the vid you cal it triplet 8ths and in the score I see 16th. How should I play this.
    2. This bar is going so fast in the video, how are you strumming, DUD DUD or DUD UDU? Thanks 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

1) I was wrong in the video. Tab is correct, it is:

1e& 2e& 3e& 4e&

2) DUD x4

jinajupiter
    Participant

Thanks! Awesome arrangement. 🙂

nthibode

@Andrew – I also have a question about Here Comes the Sun. In the Tab Player, there seem to be a couple of timing discrepancies between the recorded audio and the synthetic version:

1) The last note of bar 2 (and then again in bar 6, bar 34) is held longer in synthetic than in the audio.

2) The strummed A chord in bar 21 is also held longer in the synthetic than in the audio.

I’m leaning towards following the synthetic/music notation, but was wondering if we should just choose whichever one we prefer? Listening to the original Beatles version, it’s unclear which timing is more accurate.

Thanks!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Honestly, this was kind of a weird arr. with bars of 2, 3, 4. This was the first one I wrote for uke and did it for fun, never cross-checked it against the original recording. So I basically just played whatever felt good to me.

1) Sounds like I rushed. Timing’s always been harder for me and I’ve worked on it a lot. Which is good, b/c there’s a huge diff between old lessons like this vs. new ones.

2) Ditto.

Synthetic notation is correct rhythm for melody. Bridge is pretty much unique to this arr. Except for the first bar melody. Although record plays a Dm, not an F.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.