“Hey” from North Carolina

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself “Hey” from North Carolina

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wc27613

Hi everyone!
    OK, I’m a newbie to the ukulele and love the beginner course so far. I’m an older guy and just got my first ukulele for my 77th birthday (still feel like I’m 20 though). I’ve played the piano since I was 14 … so the basic music notation and rhythm lessons were easy for me. I did a bit of strumming work before starting the beginner course, but really wanted to learn finger picking.
    Now working on the proper left hand posture/technique … but need a lesson on how to physically prepare the left hand for its job —- fingernails (how short should the be); callouses (what to expect, how to treat); etc. My fingers are fairly flexible after playing the piano all these years, but they have to learn a whole new way to move and stretch. Should be fun, and I’m looking forward to moving through the course.
    Love the teaching style and the way Andrew and the other instructors make it look so easy … hope to say the same for my own playing some day. Cheers,

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, @wc27613! Left hand fingernails should be short and callouses develop in time. If your fingertips hurt, take a break 🙂

Thanks for the kind words! I’m always around if you need help or have ?’s on the lessons. Don’t hesitate to email or post on the forum.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.