Hi from Australia

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hi from Australia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    belinda
    Participant

I have a question. I have just started and I’m doing the first part of finger picking learning what fingers to use and I could use some advice on how to change it around. I am missing completely my right index and I seem to keep trying to use my thumb and 3 finger for all the exercises. I don’t seem to be able to speed it up at all. Very frustrated at the minute. Please help
    Belinda

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Belinda! You are working on this course, correct? Do you mind posting a video of the exercise(s) you are working on. If I can see what you are doing, I’ll be much more able to help you 🙂

john11
    Participant

Hi Belinda..I stand in front of a mirror..practice slowly..John.
    Bribie Island Qld

belinda
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    I don’t think I can video anything as I am blind, but it’s the 6 exercises on finger picking in the beginner lessons on premium. You say what fingers should be used to pick the exercises and I can’t work out how to replace my missing index or with which finger or thumb perhaps. I think if I don’t get it right I will change all the time and be in the wrong place.for the next bit. I don’t know if I am making sense. Perhaps if you tried to do these exercised without your index finger you might be able to set me on the right track. I just need somewhere to start.
    Many thanks Belinda

belinda
    Participant

Thanks for your advice John. I was born in QLD and had many a happy time at Bribie.
    I’m afraid with my blindness I can not stand in front of a mirror and get any benefit. The only thing I know is I can’t be doing too bad as my guide dog Sally doesn’t leave the room while I am practicing. Ha Ha.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Belinda, for exercises 1-4, you can use a 4 finger approach; Where each finger gets its own string:

String 1 – Ring
    String 2 – Middle
    String 3 – Index
    String 4 – Thumb

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes 🙂 You can also check out our Fingerpicking Course for more exercises on a 4 finger approach.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.