Hi from Belgium

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hi from Belgium

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jahobeah

Hello,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Jah and I am 37 years old. I live in Belgium and Sicily. I speak French, Italian so please excuse me for my English which is far from perfect.
    I have always been attracted to art in general, sculpture, painting, drawing, photography and of course music. .
    I learned flamenco guitar, a little bouzouki and the ukulele.
    I have had a ukulele ECLIPSE CC4,a magnificent instrument, since 4 years but I never really took the time to learn the instrument properly, apart from a few chords… So here I am on this site to learn more about the ukulele!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Jah! I’m glad you found us! If you ever need help on the lessons, don’t hesitate to ask 🙂

jahobeah

Thank you!

cstiber

What is bouzouki? I feel like I should google before I ask, but I’d rather know as to what it means to you. I’m new too! So… Welcome! Haha let’s play the sounds together! Welcome friend..

jahobeah

Hi my friend!
    The bouzouki is a musical instrument widespread in Greece, of which it is often considered as the “national” instrument.
    There are similar instruments in Turkey and the Middle East. The sound is produced by vibrating the metal strings with a plectrum. In bouzouki music, the tremolo effect, quickly repeating the same note to prolong the sound, is very popular.

cstiber

I watched some videos. The sound is incredible and the instruments can be so ornate and beautiful. Thank you for your compliment. I love the middle eastern style of playing with the bouzouki. It’s definitely a sound I’ve heard many times and I just didn’t understand what it was coming from so thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.