hi from Michigan

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself hi from Michigan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tradar
    Participant

im excited to be learning the ukulele. I have no experience with playing an instrument.i purchased a ukulele 8 weeks ago and have learned some things from YouTube. when I found a video of rockclass 101 and listened to Andrew playing I was blown away! I was also impressed with seeing the videos of others showing their progres.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome tradar and thanks for the kind words! Check out this page for ideas on where to start as a beginner with our lessons. And if you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask!

tradar
    Participant

thank you!

capucine

Just joined the other day and getting to know how to navigate the sight. This is the one thing I want to concentrate on this summer. It’s especially challenging because of an injury I have little feeling in four of my right hand fingers and slight numbness in my left but I’m determined to do my best because I love music and adore the ukulele. I also play flute and don’t plan on giving anything up. Where there is a will there is a way! Trying to keep my left hand in the proper position with my thumb behind the neck! A lesson in anatomy because the hand is connected to the arm which is connected to the elbow, shoulder, neck, spine…Let the music begin!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome capucine! Check out the 2nd video on this page for a rundown on how to use the site. And keep playing and especially keep up your awesome attitude! I’ve been dealing with repetitive strain and nerve damage issues for the last 6 years, but my love for music pushes through the challenges. And remember, you’re not alone, other members deal with things like arthritis, but continue to push through.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.