Hi from Nova Scotia, Canada

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hi from Nova Scotia, Canada

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robins57

My friend stinyuke introduced me to this site. I come from a part of the world where there are a lot of ukulele players thanks to a guy named Chalmers Doane who introduced ukes into the school system many years ago. I took up the uke as a retirement project about a year ago and have been doing group lessons which I really enjoy as much for the social aspect (and the singing!) as for the music. In this region there are a lot of people playing in D6 tuning and that is what I have learned so far. I am making the leap to C tuning because there are so many wonderful resources like this one available. I am looking forward to learning more finger-style tunes.

I also play the harp (the one with strings, not the harmonica) and stinyuke and I have been playing some uke and harp duets while she is here visiting. It’s a surprisingly lovely combination.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Please post a harp/uke duet, that would be SO COOL! And welcome, glad to have one of stinyuke’s friends join us 🙂

becky7777
    Participant

I second Andrew’s sentiment! Please post a harp duet. Harps are gorgeous! I’ve actually been trying (badly) to emulate a harp sound on my uke which is partly the reason I started playing the finger style, style I kind of morphed into.

And welcome btw!!! Hope you both are having a blast visiting each other!

robins57

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Stay tuned for video evidence of our fun collaboraion!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.