Hi from Sonoma County, California

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hi from Sonoma County, California

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    katieheneghan
    Participant

My name is Katie and I live in Sonoma County, California.

I started playing ukulele last August to be able to bring more music into the nature school where I work (and add more music into my life). I’ve always loved to sing and make up songs and I’ve written many (simple) strum along songs using the same handful of chords since I picked up the ukulele. Now I’m looking to expand the styles of songs I’m able to write (and play), add fun flair, and hopefully jam with others someday.

I’d been trying to teach myself from a variety of print resources, but had a hard time applying the written instructions or feeling motivated to engage. Really grateful to have found Rock Class 101 last week where I get to see, hear, read and APPLY what I’m learning. I am doing the definitive beginners course and just started music theory. Ukulele has been a huge support during shelter in place and I’m grateful to be expanding my skills.!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing your story, Katie! And I’m glad you found us 🙂

I’m always around if you need help on the lessons. Please don’t hesitate to email me or post questions on the forum.

nthibode

Welcome to Rock Class 101, Katie! Have fun!

katieheneghan
    Participant

Thank you @andrew and @nthibode! I’m learning a lot, practicing everyday, and really enjoying myself.

pakalolo
    Participant

Hi Katie,

I live in Petaluma, welcome to the group. I started playing ukulele when I was in grade school and just picked it up again 35 years later. I just inherited my mom’s 1950’s Martin tenor and it sounds great, although I do it no justice. I also have a Makala soprano.

How are the classes/tutorials? I’m on the fence about joining…

Paul

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.