holding it… I’m doing something wrong

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons holding it… I’m doing something wrong

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    macdog

I’m new to uke playing, but have played other things…. not with strings but enough to know that I must be missing something.

The Left Hand Problem: When I change chords I feel out of control, (or playing open strings with nothing held down). Seems like I’m doing something wrong with my right arm in supporting. Not using a strap, but I see that should be necessary. I think I was trying not to deaden the body of the Uke too much, but can’t decide whats the right amount of support from my arm and leg below to free up my left to change more comfortably. If i post my thumb down that steadies it, but that doesn’t seem right. Figured there must be a happy medium that I’m missing.

I reviewed the Unite2 lesson on holding a Uke. The triplet run in Day-O is exposing this problem nicely for me.

Any help is appreciated. thanks,

Greg

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by macdog.
    macdog

Going back through “Proper Left Hand Form” and Form 1 and 2. … Still missing a little. I will study that more first.

…ok Form 2…..i’m just doing it badly.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by macdog.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Greg, try form 2 out. If you’re still having issues, please post a video playing so I can take a look. I’ll be better able to help if I can see/hear what you are doing.

macdog

Thank you. I will go out behind the woodshed and work on it.

Is the intent to use Form-2 for that whole Day-O phrase from bars 5-7?

Thanks a mill, Greg

Andrew
    Keymaster

Correct

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.