House of rising sun

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing House of rising sun

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    en_joy
    Participant

Hello!

House of rising sun with few mistakes and bad singing/whispering.

lisadmh
    Participant

Beautiful. You have a great singing voice for that song. It looks pretty doable on the getting hand but you’ve got something fun and funky going on on the strumming hand. I like it a lot. Thanks for sharing.

en_joy
    Participant

Thank you Lisadmh. Here is video from witch I learnd this strum/picking pattern.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by en_joy.
    robinboyd
    Participant

I like what you are doing with that strum. I’ve had a few goes at this song and I never quite got the strum right, but you nailed it.

rickeymike
    Participant

That was very enjoyable, en_joy! Loved it. Would you do me a favor and just try this: When you begin the first words “There is”, instead of doing the rascado (spelling?) strum, do a softer strum with just the flesh of you thumb and so on in the places where you sing but keep the rascado strum for emphasis on the non singing parts. I think it will make a “sadder” sound when needed.

just yell at me if I’m out of line.

Would like to try this song if you can share the tabs.

rickeymike
    Participant

Just saw the tutorial you posted. Thanks.

en_joy
    Participant

Thanks Rickeymike.
    I can’t do thumb strum because I use thumb on G string after strum with pointer. You’ll see in tutorial video.

rickeymike
    Participant

En_joy – Ah, I see now what you mean. And thanks again for the video. I’ve saved it for later, after I complete the June challenge. ha.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.