House of the Rising Sun

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing House of the Rising Sun

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jeg143
    Participant

Wanted to put something out here, I’ve been a member for a couple of weeks and figured its time. Definitely a couple of slip ups but didn’t think it came out too bad.

charles605

Nice left hands skills.

surferjay
    Participant

Very cool! Is that a Flight Uke I can’t see from the headstock..

jeg143
    Participant

@surferjay Thanks, it’s a Flight Phantom. I think they are quite the value. It’s all very subjective, but in my opinion the tone, while very different, is on par with my Kanil’ea at half the price. The fit and finish is definitely better on my Kanil’ea though.

I find I play the flight more, but this is probably because I have it strung with a low-g which I’ve been enjoying recently.

surferjay
    Participant

Sounds great! I’m considering a Flight🎸

jeg143
    Participant

@suferjay I haven’t regretted the purchase once. I’ve played the Phantom, Mustang, and Victoria and thought all three hit above thier weight class.

surferjay
    Participant

@jeg143 thanks for the info im leaning towards a flight. The reviews on the internet seem to say at their price point they are the goto brand (around the £500 mark).

I have A Cordoba which I like (solid spruce top/laminate mango sides) I just don’t know how much better a Flight will be or if I jump in and go for a K brand and add a bit more. But then I tell myself I should probably play it first if I’m going to spend that much.. unfortunately where I live it’s literally Kala or Kala 🎸

Might wait for a trip to the UK before purchasing.

melanieh
    Participant

That’s amazing @jeg143!! 👏👏👏

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.