How to change a guitar tab or piano sheet to Uke?

Home Page Forums Uke Talk How to change a guitar tab or piano sheet to Uke?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    carmen-s
    Participant

I want to lear the Sailor Moon intro on Ukulele and I found this guitar tab, does anyone know how can I change it to play it on Ukulele or is it to hard for a noob like me? And I also don’t know much of music theory so that doesn’t help

here’s the guitar tab:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B31VzV5UufqCeldmUUZRWXF0LWM/edit

I also found a piano sheet music but I only can say what notes are in it (G-C-E-G-G-F-etc) but I don’t know how to translate that to uke

here’s the piano sheet music:

Click to access Moonlight%20Densetsu.pdf

It sounds amazing on ukulele

Andrew
    Keymaster

Carmen, have you thought about trying to transcribe it from the video instead of transposing from guitar to uke?

carmen-s
    Participant

Andrew I was actually trying to do that today, it’s going to be quite a process, but hopefully I’ll be able to do it 😀

Andrew
    Keymaster

Carmen, so sorry for the delay! You should check out Transcribe.

Here’s the download link for Windows.
    Here’s the download link for Mac.

This is an awesome program that is similar to the on-screen tab viewer on our site. Basically, it allows you to slow down and loop audio or video files. It even has a feature that tells you what notes and chords are played and surprisingly it’s very accurate!

I’ve been using this program to help me transcribe for 6 or 7 years now. Actually, here’s a video from 2012 and you can see me hit stop and play on my laptop. I used the program to transcribe the solo and the rest of the song 🙂

You can try the program out for 30 days for free, after that it’s super cheap like 35 bucks. Totally worth it!

carmen-s
    Participant

first of all wow Andrew that solo was awesome! And second of all thank you I’m going to keep the program in mind it sounds super useful

I actually found a chart for the song
    http://m.yinyuezj.com/ukulele/zhitan/13419.html

and found someone playing it

this song is definitely way out of my level, but I’m trying anyway

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks Carmen 🙂 I always say, even if you think something is too difficult, give it a shot anyways! Even if you don’t learn the entire piece, you’ll get better in the process.

carmen-s
    Participant

Yes and it’s a good project to work on, it just need a lot of practice and patience

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.