How To – Download Courses + La Malagueña

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons How To – Download Courses + La Malagueña

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    alupton
    Participant

Dear Andrew and RC101 Members
    Firstly, thank you. I used to be a Performing Arts teacher but have since suffered a mental health condition that, amongst other things, infringes on my memory, concentration, focus and motivation. I went for a few years barely touching my ukuleles. Often simply picking up one of the ukes saddened me as even this delightful instrument could bring me no joy. This year, 2018, every day I made myself learn a few notes of part of la malagueña and gradually built together a series of parts that I could sequence as I remembered them. It wasn’t always fun and would usually be in a different order. However, I now have enough of a basic tune, of which, aspects sound somewhere reminiscent of la malagueña. For those who don’t know it, here is a link.

Andrew, would you please compile a version of this piece? I’m sure many of RC101 would love to learn it and share it with others. Your teaching techniques I find very accessible given time to get it into my head and practice.
    Maybe, I might even be able to upload my own version one day soon.
    The other query I have is:
    Is it possible to download whole courses rather than individual lessons?
    At the bottom of my property I cannot get internet. That is where I want to practice, extend my playing of la malagueña, learn your version if you put one up, and hopefully find my way back to the joys of playing the uke within a ukulele community. I have been a member for a while but am now sensing a new beginning.
    Warm regards and Cheers from South Australia,
    Al

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Al, sorry to hear about your condition. I def plan to do that song, but am holding off until I get my low G ukulele, as it will be much better suited for that tuning.

Unfortunately, no. Courses require internet access to view the video/article content. Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear you enjoy the site 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.