How to record on my Mac…

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear How to record on my Mac…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    chazyvr
    Participant

I have a uke with a pickup. What kind of gear (hardware and software) do I need to connect it to my MacBook Pro so that I can record my playing?

I’m sure there are many options. I’d love to know what you use and recommend.

Thanks. 🙂

Charles

pazukulele
    Participant

There are indeed several options. In any case, you will a USB interface. I am using

(1) a Tascam US 200, which has two input connectors for XLR and audio jack plugs; thus, you can simultaneously record via mic and pickup which gives it a nice stereo sound. It’s a terrific device.
    (2) a Behringer UCG102 Guitar Link USB Audio Interface, which has one input connector for an audio jack plug. It’s small and light-weight and thus suitable for traveling or onstage recording.

As for software, Audicity is free and absolutely sufficient. If you want to add effects, bass lines etc., try Garage Band. The Tascam should come with a copy of Cubase, another popular choice.

Good luck!

chazyvr
    Participant

Thank you! I will check those out.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’ve been thinking about doing a few vlogs for fun. Maybe I should do one on my recording setup? Any interest?

chazyvr
    Participant

Yes please. 🙂

dianeb

Would love to see your setup, Andrew.

philrab66
    Participant

I would.
    Cheers

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’ve been tossing around the idea of starting a blog/vlog, this may be my first post!

shapoe1
    Participant

Yes – I have acoustic ukes and learning to to record good quality audio with them would be super helpful!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Shannon, have you seen our course on recording? Here is the link: The Ultimate Guide to Recording Ukulele 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.