Introduction and guidance

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Introduction and guidance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    benjaminc

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself and perhaps ask for a little guidance!

I picked up the uke a couple of months ago at the age of 29, and very soon found myself gravitating towards fingerpicking and more complex stuff since I don’t sing. But, I love playing the uke and already spend way too much time practicing πŸ™‚

I really like the teaching style on this site and all the arrangements are spot on, so I quickly decided to sign up for the premium membership after I found the site.

My goal here is to learn to play songs that combine fingerpicking and strumming and I have started with the tutorial on Blank Space, do you think thatis a good place to start for this style?
    I find that I have a little trouble with the triplets and timing in this song, because I’m used to playing songs where I either strum or pick exactly on the beat or the &. But somehow the triplets, eight-notes and pauses throws off my timing and I don’t know exactly when to pick.
    Do you have any advice in this regard?

Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to learning a lot of cool songs πŸ™‚

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by benjaminc.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome Ben! You can never practice too much, lol! Have you seen our guide on where to start with our lessons? Start out with watching the 2nd video on that page πŸ™‚

That tune is a toughie for starting out on. I’d recommend an easier rhythmic piece. Check out the tunes in our Beginner’s Course, they will be much better for where you’re at.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Whoops, I meant 3rd video πŸ™‚

benjaminc

Thanks man, the learning paths site is brilliant! Now I now where to start, and I see that I can keep myself busy for the next months πŸ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure! Don’t hesitate to ask if you ever have questions on the lessons πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.