Kia ora from New Zealand

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Kia ora from New Zealand

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sarahd
    Participant

Since I’ve been hanging around for a few months (and lurking quietly in the background for a few months before that!) I thought I should probably get around to introducing myself! Hi, I’m Sarah from Queenstown, New Zealand. I have no musical background and had never even touched a ukulele until this time last year when I found one clearing out my father-in-law’s garage. Safe to say I’ve got a lot to learn! I discovered pretty quickly that I wasn’t interested in just strumming the same chords over and over, especially since I’m not a singer, but I had no idea how much you could actually do on a ukulele until I stumbled across Jake Shimabukuro’s Bohemian Rhapsody on YouTube. Knowing that something like that was even possible started my slippery slide into ukulele addiction and it wasn’t long before Evan popped up on my screen playing Sweet Child of Mine. And that’s how I found RockClass101 and oh look, a Bohemian Rhapsody tutorial… I’m not going anywhere near it yet but I will one day! 😊

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Sarah! Glad you found us. Be sure to start here and if you ever need help on the lessons, don’t hesitate to post questions here or email me.

I look forward to watching your performance of BR 🙂

sarahd
    Participant

Ha ha @Andrew, you might be waiting a while! Somebody keeps setting me all these monthly challenges to work on instead… 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.