Kiss the Rain by Yiruma

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Kiss the Rain by Yiruma

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ukandrea
    Participant

Good evening all and @Steven,
    This is my humble first recording attempt of Steven Warrens beautiful arrangement of Yiruma’s Kiss the Rain.

It is my first song were I needed to do real warm-up and stretching exercises. It has some very, very stretchy chords and I worked with replacement chords in the beginning. It took me around 2 weeks until I finally got the stretch and I am so happy that I did not give up.
    I learned it without tutorial but I heavily built on my learnings from Steven’s RC101 tutorials „Spanish Romance“
    and „How deep is your love“ which I can highly recommend, plus several tutorials from Andrew and Matt on how to practice, do Hammer-ons/Pull-offs/Slides/Sustain/Rubato.
    I am for sure not able to hammer-on as loud as Steven yet and hell I cannot replicate his very strong vibrato but I am getting closer in small steps.
    To play this song (when not recording arrrgh) is very satisfying and relaxing.

I hope you like it and recommendations for improvement are as always highly welcome.

Good night,
    Andrea

charles605

@ukandrea Absolutely beautiful.

ukandrea
    Participant

Thank you @charles605, I am glad you liked it.
    Andrea

melanieh
    Participant

Wow! That was amazing @ukandrea! You played it effortlessly 👏👏👏. You should be proud!

Love the sound of your ukulele too.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@ukandrea Sounds so beautiful and relaxing. You have nice tone in your playing.

rebeca
    Participant

@ukandrea – Loving this! So beautiful and relaxing. You killed it.

ukandrea
    Participant

Thank you so much @melanieh, @gi_gi_ and @rebeca.
    The most delighting compliment was coming from my little girl as she said “Dieses Lied ist sanft wie ein Regentropfen” – “This song is soft like a raindrop” – which is first of all the highest compliment she could give to Yiruma as composer, as she does not know what the song is called.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Andrea

ajk101

Beautiful 🙂 You have a very nice sound and the arrangement is wonderful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.