Looking forward to Christmas challenge

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Looking forward to Christmas challenge

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

I imagine that Christmas songs are going to be featured in next month’s challenge. There’s a Christmas tune that I’ve been meaning to try for ages, so I might get a head start and hope that it’s one of the options for the challenge. There are a lot of Christmas songs on the site, though, so I wouldn’t be shocked if this isn’t one of the options.

kanae926
    Participant

Which one, Robin?

I was hoping Greensleeves would be made and it was, so I started to learn it. But then White Christmas also just got released and I love that one too! This Friday, I think Blue Christmas is coming out.

I love all the Christmas songs…I can’t decide!! 😂

robinboyd
    Participant

Actually, it’s Linus and Lucy. I love that song.

Andrew already said that Greensleeves would be an option for the challenge on Marama’s introductory post. That would be a good option too, but I’m looking to stretch myself a bit and Linus and Lucy has been on my shortlist for a while.

kanae926
    Participant

Wow. Yeah, that’s a great one…looks challenging for sure!

Andrew
    Keymaster

All 3 new ones 🙂

Will be a short challenge: Dec 1-23 b/c of giveaway on 24th.

robinboyd
    Participant

I have been looking at Linus and Lucy, and I had to laugh when you said “if these stretches are hard for you.” I’m still working on Moonlight sonata! Trust me, these stretches are not hard.

becky7777
    Participant

Looking forward to the new coarse in December. I’ll probably be working on that if it goes wild in Dec. (Can’t remember 100% but I think Andrew said it does.) and I’m continuing to figure out what I can of the St. Elsewhere Theme. (Eventually i’m going to need some help on that one.)

I really love the song Greensleeves though, so i’ll do that one most likely. I learned the uke underground version last Christmas, and need a high G to work more on Daniel Estrem’s ukulele arrangement,(and make it sound right. 😢) His is definitely really advanced but my absolute favorite i’ve ever heard on uke. Chock full of awesome techniques and time periods to practice in a song I love too.

Dan is worth checking out on youtube at least if you haven’t, he’s awesome! He just really doesn’t advertise himself on youtube like a lot of people do. Even if you only check out his ukulele pieces, he’s definitely awesome. (He plays lute and a variety of guitars too.)

BTW– At the time, Daniel Estrem, and John King were the first and only two classical guitar guys to publish all-ukulele records. (Fun fact 😁👍)

Sorry it got long again. Everyone knows I type novels.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.