Low G – Newbie Question

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Low G – Newbie Question

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nikolaaa

Hello,

I’m a beginner and I feel a little bit confused with Low G tuning.

Here at rockclass101 every 2nd lesson is with Low G tuning.

I wanted now to learn “Out in the North” for the current May Challenge and it is in Law G.
    When I follow lesson and tabs, it doesn’t sound the same as in the tutorial.
    Should I change something or just ignore that and keep playing even if it doesn’t sound the same?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Nikola, all of our low G lessons can be found here.

Furthermore, if you’re browsing the Ukulele Songs page, you can easily spot which are low G, as they all have a “Low G” banner:

null

—-

Some low G lessons will work okay for high G, but most will sound “off” as you’ve noticed. I’d recommend sticking with High G lessons for a High G uke.

lisadmh
    Participant

Hi Nikola. It’s a great excuse to get a second ukulele and string one to low g. A lot of us have done that. It’s a great sound and it’s fun to switch it up.

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi @nicolaaa – This may be a stupid question, but are you clear on the difference between low G and high G? If not, have a look at this video.

nikolaaa

Thanks a lot!

arlena57

Hi @robinboyd I didn’t know the difference between high/low G, let alone there were 2 different Gs..That video clip was awesome. Thank you Robin for sharing that. Appreciate it. Looks like another uke down the line? Maybe lol.

robinboyd
    Participant

@arlena57 – I agree with Matt’s assessment that it’s nice to have both. I’ve played more low G than high G lately, but I like to have the option of playing high G too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.