Maleguena

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Maleguena

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    surferjay
    Participant

Prioritised some Uke time this morning and put this together super quick. Excuse the bum notes, dog footsteps and foot tapping lol

Thank you RC101 for an awesome lesson/tabs 😍

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, that was really amazing! Pretty much a flawless performance. I love that style of music and you really nailed all those crazy techniques and the feeling of it. Well done! 😊

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Surferjay Awesome. I forgot that I learned la malagueΓ±a. Great video and playing.

surferjay
    Participant

Gracias Mis Amigas πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» (Thank you Google translate).

@tbb I’ve always loved Flamenco, Spanish music.. Dream job to be a Flamenco guitarist busking in the street! Missed that boat πŸ›Άβš“οΈ

Thank you for the kind words and motivation 😍

@gi_gi_
    I’m going to try and keep it in my rotation as I forget also 99% of the songs I’ve learnt. Maleguena is the only song I know from start to finish (fingerstyle). I’m going to try add a couple more to the portfolio πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŽπŸ™πŸ»

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Haha! Google translate is a thing of beauty. πŸ˜… De nads / nada! πŸ˜…

Did you know you can make a tilde, the accent that goes over the n in certain Spanish words, by holding down the n letter on your phone? Γ‘

Ha that would be pretty amazing to busk flamenco guitar! I feel like you could do that now with ukulele and make some coins. πŸ˜…

Anyway thanks for sharing friend! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

leb397
    Participant

@surferjay that was awesome! Thanks for posting. Would love to try some flamenco. Very inspiring
    Seem there just isn’t enough time in my day. I see your post was 3a.m. πŸ™‚ !
    @TBB learned something new holding down the N

surferjay
    Participant

@tbb Would love to busk 😎 saw a couple of buskers over the weekend who were enjoying themselves with their instrument (one had a fold up keyboard)… sometimes I think we are to critical of ourselves.. may give it a go 😎 LearΓ±t something new with the Γ‘

@leb397
    Definitely not enough time in the day to learn everything πŸ‘€ I’m definitely a night time person πŸ¦‰

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, ha, glad to show you a new tech thing for a change! πŸ˜… For many Spanish words, an accent can change the word’s meaning. “SΓ­” is “yes,” but without an accent, “si” is “if”–if I remember correctly. Accents matter, man! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‰

@surferjay
    , that’s so neat! I’ve thought about getting a fold up keyboard, but I’ve read mixed reviews about them. Apparently that person made it work. πŸ˜… Maybe you should give busking a go! That seriously would be cool. If you do, you should film some of it and share it here. The closest I get to busking is playing outside and hoping no one hears or notices. πŸ˜‚

sarahmusic

Omg I love it ❀️

lyndallk
    Participant

I love this! It’s a great piece, a great arrangement, and your playing @surferjay an inspiration. Thanks

surferjay
    Participant

Thanks @sarahmusic & @lyndadallk πŸ™πŸ»

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.