Mini Lessons Are Here!

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Mini Lessons Are Here!

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi guys! This week, we’re launching a new series for the site called: Mini Lessons. As the name implies, their focus will be to teach you short and sweet ukulele lessons.

Our first lesson is out today. It’s a funky-blues riff that’s perfect for working on groove!

The second lesson will come out on Wednesday and the third on Friday. 🙂

You’ll be able to access Mini Lessons by clicking “Mini Lessons” in the main menu:

Click the image to enlarge it.

Please let me know any ideas you have on what you’d like to see for future mini lessons. We can create performance-based lessons (like the first lesson) or cover theory topics. I’m open to everything and anything!

gi_gi_
    Participant

This is so great @Andrew. Will have it in my arsenal. Love the concept of this. The length of the lesson is perfect. Looking forward to more like it.

joe150
    Participant

My Name is Bocephus, Born To Boogie, All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight are southern rock blues songs, with a lot of small riffs. Hank Williams sr was taught to sing and play the blues by a black man, Hank Jr got with The Allman Brothers, Dicky Betts, and learned how to do blues riffs, I like to see BB kings blues riffs, The Thrill is Gone has a great opening riff.I enjoy playing small blues riffs, better than I like to play songs.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

So exciting!! I love the first one with the neato percussive beat!

joe150
    Participant

I really like the country rifts, thank you Rock Class 101

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

This is my suggestion for a mini lesson–Perhaps some sort of homage to what this guy does or if it’s possible to translate the song with the beat to ukulele–Particularly the second part with the rap-like beat. But it’s also cool and amusing how he transitions from the classical to the rap.

Apologies for the title, but I already got approval that this is okay to post, lol.

I just find the idea of this amusing and wanted to figure it out, but I get if no one else is interested.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.