Music of the Night by Andrew Lloyd Webber

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Music of the Night by Andrew Lloyd Webber

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

This is my attempt at figuring out this song. I was just messin’ around and thought it would be funny if this song were played with really long, drawn out slides at the beginning, like the way Gerard Butler sings it, lol. But then I ended up figuring out a whole part of the song, but I haven’t written out the music or anything.

Also, not extremely confident that the chords are correct throughout. It’s just very simple but I am pretty pleased with it considering I have no idea what I’m doing. 8|

If anyone sees any ways it could be better, I’d appreciate the feedback! Other than maybe played better or whatever. I KNOW THAT. Lol. Although I’d appreciate that kind of feedback as well.

Thank you! πŸ™‚

robinboyd
    Participant

I remember working out an arrangement of this for low G a while back, but I forgot to write it down. It didn’t have so much movement on the neck, which made it easier to play, but didn’t have the same impact as those slides…

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

I feel like that song would sound really good on low G. It is a bit odd that it’s so high up on the neck maybe especially since it’s sung so low. Do you think there’s too much movement around? Ha, thank you, though. I don’t think I emphasized the slides enough when playing because I wanted them to be ridiculous and exaggerated. πŸ˜…

robinboyd
    Participant

This is very very rough, but you get the idea. It’s much simpler than yours.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

That sounds so lovely, man! That song was maybe meant to be played lower. I mean, it was meant to be sung low, so. πŸ˜…

robinboyd
    Participant

To be honest, that was just a little interlude for between sung verses, and I had to use my Bb-tuned uke to get it in a key that suits my voice. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to hit the high notes.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Hehe, nice! That was really nice though. You never recorded the whole song?

This was actually only the second “complete” song that I tried figuring out on ukulele, but that’s something I used to love doing on piano, figuring out songs by ear. Starting to be able to do the same thing on uke I owe mostly to what I’ve learned from this site and also seeing how they create arrangements. I’ve used other resources too but a lot of what I’m doing now I owe to the inspiration from people on this site. I still feel like I have a lot to learn and a lot more experience to gain. I feel that way because it’s true. 😊

robinboyd
    Participant

Nah, never recorded it. I was going to, but then I got the flu and I forgot about it. It’s starting to come back to me now. Here is a snippet. That high note’s still a real struggle.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Daaaaang, man! That was so, so good. I actually have a cold right now so that’s an odd coincidence.

I love Andrew Lloyd Webber’s music so much and you nailed the spirit and the feeling of that song, pretty much exactly. Maybe a little too exactly? πŸ˜‚

(Checks around for partial-face-covering theatre masks)

surferjay
    Participant

@TBB that was expertly played πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Look at you arranging songs like a pro πŸ‘€

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, thank you kindly, friend! 😁 That really means a lot. I really still don’t have a lot of confidence when it comes to figuring out songs on uke, but that’s something I really want to be able to do. Still have a lot to learn. 😊

I’m also still not quite over @robinboyd ‘s cover of that song. I love spontaneous singing that turns out to be amazing like that. I am straight up enchanted. πŸ˜…

surferjay
    Participant

@robinboyd ooooo Robin you’ve kept that singing voice well hidden. Upload more please really enjoyed that and have it on repeat.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, hahaha I know! I was like: 😯😲😢😳😏🀯

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks guys. Sorry to hijack the thread, though.

RC101 is slowly getting more singing stuff, so there should be some more singing challenges at some point. In the mean time, here is one that I did with @Tiff21 and @Lyndallk for a challenge a while ago.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@robinboyd, no worries about that, friend! I’m glad you shared that because that’s probably my new favorite cover of that song. 😁

I was pretty excited that I managed to put together my own little arrangement of this though, even though it’s really simple. Just because it’s kind of a milestone for me, for where I am in my playing. All this in between Die-Hard-crawling my way through learning Lacrimosa. πŸ˜… But that’s slowly becoming okay too. Just accepting that it won’t be completely perfect by the end of the challenge.

That Beauty and the Beast duet / trio is so dang cute! So good too. πŸ˜πŸ’• Definitely looking forward to more of your singing for sure! 😊

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.