My logs’ goal for Ukulele playing

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing My logs’ goal for Ukulele playing

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    camper
    Participant

I think its best now since I joined Rock Class 101 to start a log of what I’m doing as a complete beginner on learning to play the Ukulele. I do have maybe a financial reason to have taken up the ukulele that most likely be in my future. No, I’m not thinking of being a pro at the ukulele, but I want to be able to say sometime in the future that “yes” I can play a few songs on the ukulele. I’m mostly going to get into melody finger style picking, mostly since I can’t carry a musical note with my voice. LOL. So here I am. I’ll begin as of December 17, 2022 Saturday Tokyo time.

The brand name Ukulele that I have is ” Famous “. Here is a post about it. https://rockclass101.com/forums/topic/a-hello-to-everyone-from-japan/#post-54930

1. Can’t find the link, but since becoming a non-paid subscriber ( soon to be ), I started learning Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Happy Birthday.
    2. My goal today 12-17-2022 is to remember the notes of both these tunes.
    3. Future goal is to learn how to record video and post a clip of my progress of learning to play. ( I’m a complete beginner here.

So time to pick up the ukulele now.

Also a test to post a picture here. Hope it works out. Thanks everyone.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by camper.
    camper
    Participant

December 20. Tuesday
    1. I went to the place on the form were said Learning Paths.
    2. I watched the Ukulele lessons, Take the tour video overview and Learning past three steps for practicing, repetition reinforcement and evaluation video.
    3. I watched the video of the lady with two months experience and I got to say she’s got a really nice ukulele and I wonder if she still posting on the form.

4. I finished with learning Happy Birthday and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with the notes that I wanted to remember on the fret board of the ukulele.

This is how I’m approaching the study these songs. I’m focusing on a few children songs first to get the melodies and I’ve feel that the melody part of playing the ukulele is for me the most important, well one of the most important parts to approach studying the ukulele along with rhythm of course.

IMG-20221217-WA0000
    IMG-20221217-WA0000
    IMG-20221217-WA0002
    IMG-20221217-WA0002
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by camper.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by camper.
    camper
    Participant

December 30, 2022 Joined as Premium Member
    1. Started the Introduction to Reading Standard Notation.
    2. Started the Course Overview.

camper
    Participant

January 12, 2023
    1. Just wanted to log in and say that what I found isomething mportant is to have a basic drum track for ones training of strumming patterns. The metronome is great too.
    2. The tapping of the foot and the mid-section of the belly helps the flow of rhythm and lead playing. Pretty much learning this on my own, but I’m sure other people here know too.
    3. Moving a bit slowly at the moment due to life is busy.
    4. Ukulele is like the “light blub” now for me musically. Very cool.

camper
    Participant

January 18, 2023 Wednesday
    Mr. Andrew recommended this video to watch since I posted about left hand thumb position in playing a C chord. I thank him for directing me in that direction. It’s a very well thought out lesson that I strummed away learning ” a light bulb ” experience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L67c52yuQUM&t=1040s

1. I’m actually starting out mainly with this course : https://rockclass101.com/fingerpicking-concepts-intro-fingerstyle/
    It works well into why I am interested in playing the Ukulele, but I know I will hop around a bit, but will start and complete a course while learning other techniques.
    2. I finished the Module One of : Fingerpicking Concepts.
    3. January 18. Starting Module Two of : Thumb Approach.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by camper.
    camper
    Participant

Hmm… Trying to post an update, but the site won’t take it for some reason. Maybe the administrator can find the post and post it for me ?
    I copied and pasted it 2 times, but just won’t take the update.
    Anyway I’m on Module 2 now of the Fingerpicking Concepts.
    1. Unit 1 Exercise one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.