New Song Choice

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons New Song Choice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    surferjay
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m looking to challenge myself with some new songs on here 🙂

Songs I want to learn are:

River Flows*
    1000 Years
    Games of Thrones
    Perfect (Ed Sheeran)

I’m just after advice what would be ranked easiest to hard to undertake.

Thanks

Andrew
    Keymaster

They’re all level 3, except for Game of Thrones. I’d say River is the most challenging of the bunch, but they’re all upper intermediate to advanced.

robinboyd
    Participant

I haven’t tried any of them, but I’d probably try River Flows because it’s the most interesting to me.

surferjay
    Participant

Thanks for all the advice. My goal when I started playing the Ukulele was to be able to play ‘A Thousand Years’ so I think I’m going to tackle that one first…

I definitely would not categorise myself as an upper intermediate/advanced player but I think the beauty of this site is that if someone really wants to learn a song you provide enough tools to make it possible given that we will invest enough time practicing 🙂 I look forward to posting a video of it.

I just wanted to also take the time to say a big thank you to this site. When I first started playing and I picked up the Uke my family members would usually run for the other room or shout ‘can you not play something else’ or even ‘when are you going to start singing’ hahaha Now I’m getting the odd request when people are come over and I can see people (and myself) are enjoying the music… I could even be on the way to being a hobby musician and someone who’s invited to more camp fire sing alongs 🙂

Thanks.

Andrew
    Keymaster

That’s awesome, Jay! 🙂

surferjay
    Participant

After downloading the tab I decided to go with River Flows.. hopefully I’ll have it down by my one year ukulele anniversary in December 😎

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.