New to Uke!

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself New to Uke!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    amybeth
    Participant

Taking up Uke at 57 yrs old. After helping my loved one through Alzheimer’s, I heard it was healthy for an aging brain to learn something new. They suggested a musical instrument or a new language. So here I am. I took guitar and piano lessons as a child, but really nothing since. I’m hoping it will be fun to learn at my age, as opposed to frustrating. Otherwise, I may “Parle Francais” next!

annemarie
    Participant

Right on , Amybeth! Sorry for loved one with Alzheimer’s.
    I took up uke at about that age and have loved every minute of my journey.
    Best of luck to you!

amybeth
    Participant

💗Thanks Annemarie!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome Amy! I’m sorry to hear about your loved one.

I hope you enjoy the lessons and if you ever need help on them, please don’t hesitate to email me or post questions on the forum 🙂

surferjay
    Participant

Welcome 😍

xerxes
    Participant

Welcome!
    I am sorry to hear about your loved one.

I too am 57 got my Ukulele last year and part to have fun and part to help keep my brain active. Welcome come to the roller coaster ride and I hope you have a lot of fun

Milo

amybeth
    Participant

Thanks everyone! I’m working through the beginner classes! Can’t keep my fingers off more then one string! 🤦‍♀️

gi_gi_
    Participant

Welcome @Amybeth You will love the ukulele. It’s not as easy as some would lead you to believe but if you don’t give up and you play 5 minutes a day you will do things you never thought was possible ☺️. Have fun with it. RockClass101 is a great place to learn.

amybeth
    Participant

Thanks @gi_gi_ ! 4 days in! I’m trying to do an hour every day. Fingers still sore! I’m working my way through “A definitive beginners guide”. Also trying to learn some easy songs. I almost have “Our First Song” down. Just need to keep tempo fluid.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Amybeth Sorry I’m just seeing your response. An hour a day is amazing. Of course, 5 minutes always turns into many more but that’s what I tell myself to get started ☺️ Don’t be afraid to try the monthly challenges. There’s always an option for beginners.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.