O.D. vs Clean on AMP

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear O.D. vs Clean on AMP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

I recently got this small amp. What is the toggle button to toggle between O.D. and Clean. Also to the left of the toggle button is a dial that says GAIN. Don’t know what that is for either.
    Does O.D. stand for Over Drive? Just don’t know what over drive is? ha. What is Gain and does Gain only work if you have the O.D. toggle depressed?

Andrew
    Keymaster

O.D. is over drive. It makes your uke sound distorted – think electric guitar in rock bands, like AC/DC. Gain controls the level, i.e. more or less O.D.

Yes, only works if that O.D. button is pushed in.

Andrew
    Keymaster

When not pushed in, you are playing through the clean channel. So that amp has 2 channels, dirty and clean 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

Great to know, Drew. So if I have this right, I would play the Beatles’ 64 Clean. But for the Beatles’ “I Feel Fine”, I would play it dirty (thinking of that intro riff)

lisadmh
    Participant

Rickey, I can’t wait to hear your amping it up with a dirty rendition of I Feel Fine. Video please.

rickeymike
    Participant

Lisa, be very very patient. ha. But in my mind I can visualize that dirty rift already. I think I’ll use the amp for the first time with ’64’.

miztaken
    Participant

@rickeymike I have bought a wee amp this year too – a Fender LT20.
    It is a whole lot of fun – I hook up my Bohemian oil can uke, or Beloved Husband’s Epiphone Les Paul uke, OR my low G set-up tenor (but I don’t use this so much).
    It has 30 different auto settings – so I can do all these ridiculous things with it (badly of course). I really only need two or three of them, but it has to appeal to Beloved Husband as well so he can hook up one of his guitars if he wants.

It makes everything sound so much better when I turn it up so loud that I cannot hear myself 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.