October 8, 2026 – Live Lesson: Rescue the Performance!

Home Page › Forums › Monthly Live Lessons › October 8, 2026 – Live Lesson: Rescue the Performance!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #84562
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Live Stream: Thursday, October 8th at 6:00pm ET (check your local time zone)

    _______________

    Hi guys! We are back with Live Lesson EP095. This month’s topic is: Rescue the Performance!

    In this session, you’ll learn three tips to help you recover from mistakes when performing so they don’t throw you off.

    This month’s topic should stir up some great questions! So please post all you have below and I hope you join us for the live stream. 🙂

    _______________

    For details on how to join the live stream and chat live, please refer to the FAQs HERE.

    #84570
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

    Oh man, this is a great topic! I feel like if I have any skill with music – it’s this. Mostly because I’m really good at making mistakes. And making things up.

    If you spend a lot of time staring into space and just playing whatever comes to mind, and get used to making things up that way, you learn that with any song there are multiple “note options” that still sound pretty good. So even if you didn’t play the exact note that was written – literally no one will know except you, unless you stop, say something, or panic, LOL. When you have performance anxiety, it’s so easy for any of those things to happen, but the more you do it, the more you get use to that “anxiety monkey” being there as you play. And you learn that even if you do mess up, it’s okay, and no one will judge you. In fact, people will be incredibly kind and supportive 95% of the time.

    I just played on a virtual Open Mic and this happened to me – twice. I didn’t play what I intended in one song and in the second song, I felt like I messed up a lot, but when I watched it back, it wasn’t as bad as it felt in the moment. That’s really the key – is to know when you mess up, it almost always is not as noticeable as you think. For me that was incredibly helpful to realize and to know how much people just appreciate hearing you play. My Australian cousin who hosts the Open Mic agrees with all this and I feel like you will, too, Matt! 🙂

    Can’t wait to hear more on this topic! I also really hope you all at least get 5 more live lessons in because then you’ll make it to 100! Thank you all so much! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.