One Year on Rock Class 101

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing One Year on Rock Class 101

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nthibode

I have been a member of Rock Class 101 for one year now! I will be completely honest and admit that I only joined (for a 1-month trial) because I wanted to access the tabs, specifically O Holy Night. I quickly realized that O Holy Night was beyond my level, but the December 2018 Member Challenge piqued my interest, so I participated in it by learning The First Noel.

Within that first month, I realized how much RC101 had to offer. Not just tabs, but full lessons, courses, the ever-so-useful tab player (love that metronome!), and a community of self-taught, ukulele-loving people like myself. Not to mention new material being released every week, monthly challenges to keep you focused and driven, and all the constructive feedback given by Andrew and his team.

Continuing my subscription was an easy decision to make. I’ve learned so much this year and couldn’t have done it without all these resources. I’ve always loved a challenge and this site is exactly where I can find it.

With one year of learning on RC101 (and 3 years total playing the ukulele) under my belt, I am now able to tackle O Holy Night. What a beautiful, fun, and challenging piece! (Love that walk-up in bars 35-36, Andrew!).

Thanks for all that you do, Andrew and the Rock Class 101 team! Looking forward to another year of playing and learning.

Cheers,
    ~Nathalie

robinboyd
    Participant

Well done! I love that feeling of finally being able to play something that seemed too hard at first. You totally nailed it, too. I see what you mean about the walk up, and I really love the harmonic note, too.

Andrew
    Keymaster

You played it beautifully, Nathalie 🙂

I really appreciate the kind words. It really means a lot to me.

nthibode

Thanks Robin! Agreed. Looking forward to hearing about your progress with Moonlight Sonata!

Thanks Andrew, Merry Christmas 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

I dub thee master player, Nat. You blew me away when you went down (up?) to that 12th fret harmonic. I think you’re ready for a harp…..Merry Christmas.

surfnrz

Nathalie, that was simply beautiful! Merry Christmas!

nthibode

Thanks Ray and Rickey. You guys rock!! Merry Christmas to you too 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

To be honest, Moonlight Sonata has been on hiatus for a little while, while I learn Linus and Lucy. I’ll pick it up again in the new year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.