Outdoor ukulele?

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Outdoor ukulele?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    becky7777
    Participant

Robin- nice beach to have in your ‘backyard’! Definitely inspiring to be able to just walk a little ways and get to relax there!

Lisa- Overall not having any beach nearby isn’t too bad. (What we have is just not a beach despite them calling it one lol!) We have plenty of parks and some nice rivers. Our downtown area has a nice riverwalk area. There’s benches and pavilions to relax in and on, or you can just walk the area by the river. But again, no real risk of splash damage unless I jump in the water or it rains lol! 😁

Miztaken- I know what you mean with the false savings now after getting my concert uke… It sounds worse recorded then my $12 soprano. I only half regret getting uke #2 though lol! I am coveting that spalted mango tiny tenor, Uke Republic has. Can’t afford it unless he will hold one for me while I make payments on it for a year lol! But it sounds soo pretty to me.

Thank you all btw- I was looking at the ukudelic and the waterman half heartedly. If I go plastic ill find one of those Outdoor Ukes. Watched a bunch of videos and read what you all thought about them, and they can practically survive the apocalypse lol. (Some youtube video guy said a horse stepped on his carbon fiber outdoor uke)

lisadmh
    Participant

I finally bought my outdoor ukulele with my tax return money. Woo hoo! I can’t wait to get it. It seems perfect for day trips and longer trips.

I went with the regular blue, not the upgrade. Seems strong enough for my use. I don’t foresee Amy horses stepping on it. Looking forward to replacing the crappy but pretty waterman.

anirbaf
    Participant

i recently got the flight travel uke, it’s made out of ABS plastic and a wooden top. i chuck it into my bagpack no problem. as for the playing i like the sound considering that its made of plastic. intonation gets a little off when i come up and above the seventh fret though. i heard the waterman necks bend quite a lot.

Hi, so I have a soprano carbon in my cart, about to purchase. But before I do, just want to make sure everyone who has an outdoor uke is still happy with their investments? Any quirks regarding these?

lisadmh
    Participant

I’m okay with mine – not over the moon in love with it, but okay. It’s a plastic uke, so not like a nice solid wood one, but I’m certainly comfortable taking it out to the beach or the park, when one is allowed to do such a thing. It’s much better than the waterman, but mostly because the action is so bad on the waterman that it is unplayable. The outdoor has good action and is a good occasional play for travel purposes, IMO.

funtime2018
    Participant

Hi All, I’m thinking about buying an Outdoor Tenor. I’ve read about the action being high. High action and nut width larger than my preferred size is preventing the purchase. Any opinions on the action and nut width of this instrument? Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.