Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    lv2playukulele
    Participant

Just fixed it– thank you!

leb397
    Participant
    kirpuff
    Participant

Sliced my thumb open on Dec 2nd but luckily it healed up just in time to get this learned 😀

Super fun arrangement, thank you Steven and Andrew! I have also made a donation to the Ukulele Kids Club 🙂

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by kirpuff.
    krystalwilbert
    Participant

Hi everyone! Here’s my submission to December’s Member Challenge. I decided to play Aura Lee. It was a bit difficult but I know that I will get better with practice. Thank you!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lv2playukulele – Very nicely played, Yvette! This song involves chords where you don’t strum all four strings; instead, you stop short of strumming all of them. For example, this happens in bar 1 and 2. Take a look at the F and G5 chords:

null

For these 2 chords, we want to strum from string 4 to 2. And the reason we stop on string 2 is because the melody note falls on that string.

The only other suggestion I have is to practice playing along with me in the tab player. Try looping 4 bars at a time with a focus on keeping timing/tempo steady throughout. Overall, I thought you did awesome for your first performance video! Hope you join us again for another challenge 🙂

@kirpuff
    – That was awesome take Sara! I don’t think that cut held you back at all! You rocked it 😊

And TY so much for your donation. Please send me an email with the amount so I can update our tally.

@krystalwilbert
    – Very nicely played, Krystal! My only suggestion would be to memorize the piece so that you can focus 100% on playing it. I think that would eliminate some of the little hesitations that we hear, for example in the phrase from 42 to 48 seconds. Overall, it was an awesome first post and I hope you join us again for another challenge 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Andrew. Reason: Feedback for Krystal Added
    Andrew
    Keymaster

We did it! We crushed the Fall Challenges!

178 members participated in our last 3 challenges and I have been blown away by everyone’s performances! Thanks to each and everyone of you who participated.

I’ll be announcing the winner of the Kanile’a Ukulele tomorrow LIVE at 12 pm ET (Check Your Local Time Zone) on our YouTube channel at this link.

P.S. There may be a bonus trivia entry awarded tomorrow, so def don’t miss the live stream 😉

Here is a list of everyone who participated this month. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

—-

The_Bumble_Bard
    The_Bumble_Bard
    nat-uke
    nat-uke
    deadbuggy
    deadbuggy
    muzikmama
    leb397
    leb397
    planetfink
    planetfink
    anikali
    anikali
    firebladetim
    firebladetim
    madz_about_uke
    madz_about_uke
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    brettboy
    brettboy
    abster
    abster
    anyon1
    anyon1
    jedart
    jedart
    joe150
    joe150
    morrieuke1
    morrieuke1
    ldarrow
    ldarrow
    terryfallon3
    terryfallon3
    nelsonlin2021
    nelsonlin2021
    katazumiri
    katazumiri
    coffeemug
    coffeemug
    misterbones
    misterbones
    concan
    concan
    marthad
    marthad
    leslieb
    leslieb
    karenj
    karenj
    dianna
    dianna
    hiouke
    hiouke
    shmu88
    shmu88
    richo_uke
    richo_uke
    clempek
    clempek
    akukes73
    akukes73
    rafaela
    rafaela
    annemarie
    annemarie
    anikali
    anikali
    jody_hendrickson
    jody_hendrickson
    omaon4
    omaon4
    denisedistefano
    denisedistefano
    mark1256
    mark1256
    ukandrea
    ukandrea
    ukandreas_girl
    otzepeng
    henri0
    henri0
    lynnzo
    lynnzo
    richard_siegert
    richard_siegert
    bibilele
    bibilele
    potter
    potter
    swissconsinboy
    maryjanew
    maryjanew
    rgillof
    rgillof
    kelsey91
    kelsey91
    suekulele
    suekulele
    mkstewart67
    mkstewart67
    lv2playukulele
    lv2playukulele
    kirpuff
    kirpuff
    krystalwilbert

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Andrew. Reason: Fixed Error in List
    maryjanew
    Participant

@andrew hi, I found one issue with the participants list- @planetfink is in the list twice, I mean two pairs of the name. Thanks

Andrew
    Keymaster

TY MJ!

Andrew
    Keymaster

While we came a little short of hitting our participation goal this month, I went ahead and made our full donation of $500 to The UKC tonight 🙂

Together, we have now raised $2,265 for the charity! AMAZING!

Thank you to each and everyone of you who has donated. Your generosity truly makes a difference in the lives of the children.

If you’d like to donate, it’s not too late. I will be updating our tally until December 31st. Please send me an email with your donation amount so that I can keep our tally up-to-date 🙂

null

joe150
    Participant

I want to Thank Rock Class 101 for all they do for us, also I am grateful to everyone who participated in the monthly challenges. Uku Rebulic is a great store to visit, Mike and Donna are wonderful people. Drew and Stephen care about the Rock Class 101 . I was lucky enough to walk into UKU Republic one day when they were doing a video for Rock Class 101. They stopped the video and took a lot of time to visit and jam with me. Thanks for all the congrats for winning the December challenge.

jbmills07
    Participant

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone and a big congratulations to Joe!

joe150
    Participant

Thank You, I like your cat.

barbecueblack
    Participant

Hi Rockclass

Merry Christmas!

It was very challenging, especially the triplets, but great fun to learn this Christmas tune.
    Here is my version for the Dec challenge.
    I am a premium member.

Cheers

leb397
    Participant

@jbmills07 love seeing your “family” hanging with you on sofa. Ziggy must be the Alfa with those chill doggies. Love that Uke!

leb397
    Participant

Congratulations @joe150 look forward to seeing that beautiful Uke in you entries! Merry Christmas, what a gift 👏😊

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.