Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    deadbuggy
    Participant

Merry Christmas from a PREMIUM MEMBER!

Many thanks to Andrew and all the folks at RC101. Even though my playing year was interrupted by a broken wrist, I still managed to learn some fantastic music in 2023. $50 is on its way to the Ukulele Kids Club.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@deadbuggy – Beautifully played, Sara ❤️

And TY so much for your generosity!

muzikmama
    Participant

“Aura Lee”
    I didn’t want to do a Christmas song either however couldn’t think of a picture but a Xmas one lol. Coincidentally, like Nat, I thought of singing it (2nd version) after I finally figured out (my own) Christmas lyrics, weirdly enough.
    Silly season cringe but still fun to do.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@nat-uke, it shall always be special, Aura Lee, also because I feel like I’ve grown so much with my playing since then because of RC101 and gotten to know some of the people here more. 😊💕 That’s really smart that you do that, record your practices. That is a good motivator and is so encouraging to see how far you go with a song. And honestly it can be helpful to record yourself and play back that take immediately, as well, because for some reason that does help you see what you’re playing more objectively and you can see issues you’re having that you don’t even realize you’re having. 😅 For me and I know for others, it can be a challenge dealing with the anxiety of recording, so I’ve tried a lot of different things to work through that, many of which were suggestions from people here. Yes, just doing it more can help though. 😅

@deadbuggy
    , very lovely take!

@muzikmama
    , lovely playing and ha, definitely a different sound to that song! 😅😂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@muzikmama – Loved it! 🙂

leb397
    Participant

Had to choose a Christmas song but it WAS a challenge. Recorded numerous times on IPad but still having issues so finally switch to my phone. Every take had a “good” part, I just couldn’t get them all on one recording hee hee 🙂
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND HAPPY NEW YEARS! Louisa

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by leb397.
    planetfink
    Participant

I am a Premium member.

I was waiting for the Hanukkah song but just love the arrangement of this one. Beautiful job, Matt.

leb397
    Participant

Oops I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER 🙂

muzikmama
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard & @Andrew Appreciate it guys. 😆. I suppose it gets me out of my comfort zone posting this stuff. Liked your bauble btw TBB. Round shapes can be hard to draw. Nice and spherical. 🙂🎄

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by muzikmama.
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@muzikmama, agreed! That’s part of what I love about these challenges is how they get you outside your comfort zone. Thank you so much for liking my “bauble” painting! 😂 I was confused for a second. Maybe it’s obvious but I don’t know where you’re from; in America they’re usually called “ornaments.” I love hearing different vernacular like that. 😂 And so true! For those who don’t paint or draw often, drawing a perfect circle or sphere is hard. I picked that reference because I liked the pretty reflections and colors. 😂 But yes thanks! 😊

@leb397
    , very, very lovely playing, friend! 😊💕 And @planetfink, too! Agreed Matt’s arrangement is so beautiful. 😊

Andrew
    Keymaster

@leb397 & @planetfink – Bravo to each of you on a beautiful performance! The Hanukkah song will be out tomorrow 🙂

anikali
    Participant

Seasons Greetings! I am posting my progress with Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I have it newly memorized but have to think a bit before some of the chord changes. Thank you to Matt for making this beautiful arrangement available to us. Cheers!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Andrew. Reason: PM Tag Added
    muzikmama
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard Ha, you got it. Aussie here. Pretty sure we call them ornaments too, or more the case, decorations – as an introvert, I don’t get out much haha. I really like how you guys have Thanksgiving, how gratitude along with the importance of time spent with loved ones at Xmas makes it extra meaningful.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by muzikmama.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@anikali – Absolutely beautiful rendition. Wonderfully played 🙂

firebladetim
    Participant

Happy Holidays everyone!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I picked Steven’s song, It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas for this challenge. Still working on using all of my picking fingers like Steven does in his video, but I’m more consistent when using just my thumb so I recorded that way. Forgive the flub in bar 14, this was as close to perfect as I could record at this point but I’ll keep working on it. Every time I nail that part I get excited and make a simple mistake elsewhere haha.

I think my biggest struggle while using all my fingers to pick was transitioning from that to the strums and back, so I’ll work on that also.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by firebladetim.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.