Participate in the January 2024 Member Challenge – You Decide What To Work On!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2024 Member Challenge – You Decide What To Work On!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 259 total)
  • Author
    mark1256
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew. Please remove me from the list. I missed the first deadline.
    Two reasons for not using the capo. First I don’t think I ever see it being used on the Uke. Second, I have difficulty in stretching and I thought it would give me some practice. I think that was achieved because I did gradually improve.

janaq1
    Participant

@Andrew , thank you very much for your support and encouragement. I’ll try to tighten up those 16th notes with my Tab Play Along buddy. 😉

akukes73
    Participant

@andrew many thanks for the helpful feedback! I find playing with a metronome very difficult / distracting -the RC101 interactive play along tab viewer is a fantastic resource. Glad you could hear some sustain I’ve been working on legato -but I have to position my phone at the other end of the room otherwise my sighs of relief as I get through each part can be heard! Probably need to get a better recording setup! I’ll try and slow down as you suggest and work my way up to speed – I do feel my playing is choppy when I listen back.

richo_uke
    Participant

@Andrew

Andrew, thank you very much for your very kind comment and thank you for offering me the chance to take this month to complete my January song. This extra time will really help.
    Let’s see how my performance will turn out.

Best wishes,
    Rici

Andrew
    Keymaster

@muzikmama, @malku2603, @mark1256 – No worries, I updated the list 🙂

nat-uke
    Participant

@andrew thanks much! ☺️ looking forward to more banjolele time this month 😁

morrieuke1
    Participant

@andrew and @stephen, I appreciate all the encouragement and kind words. Beginners luck perhaps?! We shall see as I do plan to try to write more in the future.

mysticrick
    Participant

@morrieuke1 What a wonderful composition. I have listened several times. Lots of emotion and I particularly like the high part around 2:05. I saw the light. Thank You.

morrieuke1
    Participant

@mysticrick I appreciate your kind words. Thanks for listening!

Andrew
    Keymaster

We surpassed our participation goal with 39 members participating this month! The amount of creativity and originality in everyone’s posts made this month’s challenge one for the books! 🙂

With a little help from ChatGPT, the winners of this month’s challenge are ** drumroll **

null

Our February Challenge is LIVE: https://rockclass101.com/february-2024-challenge

For February, you can choose ANY song from our Ukulele Songs Series! This month’s winner will also get to choose ANY ukulele from Uke Republic valued at $250 or under as their prize! Hope to see everyone in the challenge!

abster
    Participant

Congratulations to the winners!!

leb397
    Participant

Congratulations to @mysticrick and @ccwuke
    Louisa

gi_gi_
    Participant

Congrats 🥳🥳🥳

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

Woohoo!! Congrats 🎉🎊🎈

dianna
    Participant

Wow! Congratulations!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 259 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.