Playing at our uke club's open mic

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Playing at our uke club's open mic

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lyndallk
    Participant

Hi uke family

Thought you might like this recording where I play Something at our uke club open mic. Its a little dark, and we miss the first few bars, and its a noisy pub. But within all those limitations I hope you like it.

Cheers
    Lyndall

robins57

@lyndalk– wow,I admire you for playing in a venue like this. The sound is remarkably good given the conditions and I loved your song.

robinboyd
    Participant

That’s pretty awesome!

ukukelley1
    Participant

Impressive! Good for you! And thanks for sharing the recording with the group. Seems like a difficult arrangement that takes stamina and you did a great job with it. From the cheers it’s obvious the crowd thought so, too!

becky7777
    Participant

Nice work on Something lynda!! The pub enjoyed it too! Pretty magical stuff when you get good people and good musicians together!

My friend decided to play guitar during one a long while back. He played Where Have All the Flowers Gone and Seasons in the Sun the entire place was singing along. I think that night made a bigger impression on me the it did him, but it was a very cool thing.

lyndallk
    Participant

Thanks for your comments! It was fun and nerve racking! I’ve done a few others, but that’s the one I made the fewest mistakes in and have a recording of. I try and do something each month I’m in town for club night, and have played at a few open mics. Generally I don’t do solos

Thanks again for listening

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.