Practice Plan PDF

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Practice Plan PDF

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cashmpe
    Participant

Hello RC101: I often struggle with a good practice plan so I made myself a worksheet with various topics I can choose and document what I worked on. I wanted to post the attachment for others to use if they like. I’m sure I missed some topics but it helps me to have one page to look at and decide what I’d like to work on. If anyone has any feedback on how to improve it or maybe has something they use, I’d like to hear about it. Thanks….Patrick

ramiro
    Participant

Thanks for sharing your practice plan! I also start with stretching and dexterity exercises and then typically practice particular songs focusing on the parts that are difficult for me. At the moments these are all finger picking songs. I do this for about half an hour and then I play along to songs for about half an hour. This helps with rhythym and training my ears for the chord changes. Sometimes I try to figure out the songs while hearing them, but I often rely on play along videos.

robinboyd
    Participant

It’s funny how different approaches work for different people. I pick up the uke when I feel like it and play whatever I like. If I had a plan like that, I would have given up years ago. It would be way too stressful for me.

cashmpe
    Participant

Hi Robinboyd: Well I’m glad you never gave up on the Uke! I thought your “Carol of the Bells” performance was terrific. I’m just beginning to learn the Uke and music in general and only hope I can play it as well as you someday. As you said it’s interesting how differently people practice. I wrote out my “plan” more of a cheat sheet because it’s seems like there is so much to learn in music that I was overwhelmed. I hope that if I stick with it long enough that I can just grab the Uke on any given day and learn something interesting and new. Thanks for your reply. Take care and I hope you and your family is safe and doing well.

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks for the compliment.

If it makes things less overwhelming for you, I say go for it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.