Regarding the A string

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Regarding the A string

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    samash07
    Participant

My ukulele is tuned fine using a clip on tuner. The G C E strings sound perfectly fine but the A string gives out a… Deeper tune? I guess that’s the word. Is the string faulty? Also it’s loose as compared to the other 3.

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi Samash. Forgive me if I’m on the wrong track, but it sounds like your A string is tuned an octave low. If that’s the case, you will need to tighten it until it is right. It should sound higher than all your other strings.

I’ve included a video of me playing a low A and a high A. It should sound like the second note I play, not the first.

samash07
    Participant

That was exactly the issue! Thanks a ton and excuse my dumb problem but I’ve never owned a musical instrument, this is my first. Time to invest in those courses.

robinboyd
    Participant

Glad I could help. You are not the first person to have that problem.

Don’t get too frustrated if you don’t sound like you want to straight away. It took me ages before I could play anything that sounded even remotely musical. Good luck!

robinboyd
    Participant

By the way, I’m glad you understood my explanation. I just realised I should have played middle A for comparison but I was a bit tired last night.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.