Resonator ukulele?

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Resonator ukulele?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    anirbaf
    Participant

Hey peeps,

I recently found out about resonator ukes. i found them quite appealing because you wouldn’t necessarily need an amplifier to be heard outside or in a crowd. has anyone experience with resonator ukes, may it be cheap or expensive ones?
    I saw one by kala which is kind of affordable and then only price tags which are wayyyy out of my budget 😀 anyways i’d be interested in your opinion (:

cheers from germany

robinboyd
    Participant

I have had the privilege of playing a resonator uke, although I don’t own one. It produces a very different sound to a regular uke, as well as increasing the volume. This suits some styles of music better than others. My advice is to try before you buy to see if you like the sound.

As for Kala, it seems to be a pretty reliably good brand, so if that’s what you can afford, then it should be fine.

BTW, the resonator I got to play was an expensive custom-made metal bodied one.

anirbaf
    Participant

yeah right, i actually never tried one. I also never saw one in the stores around here.

mikevans75
    Participant

Check out Sound Smith resonator tenor uke. It’s a great price for a solid instrument. And yes, it is loud! Reviews put it above the Kala. I have one and it’s a really nice instrument. Check out the Sound Smith website. https://www.soundsmithgear.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.