Rough Version of Canon in D (C)

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Rough Version of Canon in D (C)

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, thank you kindly for that!! I really appreciate that. I do feel that way when I’m just relaxing and playing my uke. That really is all that matters, is like you say, losing yourself in the music. Comparison isn’t the best way to look at things, at all, unless it’s inspiring you, which most of the time that is how I feel when I see others play–Inspired.

Hahaha!! Ukes as tinder. Honestly, I feel like you’d get an okay amount of burn time out of them, of course probably only for a fire for one night. Obviously it depends on the type of wood the uke is made out of. You’d have to remove the strings of course or that would be dangerous…

😅😂😅😂😅

How do you add a backtrack to a looper? Is that too involved of a question?

@gi_gi_
    oh sweet! It’s good to know that exists! I may peep that at some point until I build the courage to join. ☺️😁

surferjay
    Participant

With the LEKATO Loop pedal it was really easy to copy the backing tracks to the looper.. You literally connect it to your computer with a USB cable and drag them across.

The Boss RC5 was a nightmare to copy them across. They have to be 44.1 khz and 32 something else & then have the meta data removed… honestly I didn’t understand what any of it meant I just followed a forum post and then dragged them over. Once in though it’s great.

Honestly, if it’s just for practise I often just go onto YouTube find a backing track and then play it off YouTube with headphones in and then play away..

If you want to get started playing with backing tracks. I would recommend this one:

And you can learn this scale which sounds great with it..

https://ukulelescales.com/A-minor-pentatonic

Start off learning position 2 and play that with the backing track and you will be off to the races in no time 😎

I would also recommend the theory course on here. It’s a great curriculum.. things I didn’t understand or wanted more information in you can YouTube for more detail but it really covers a lot and helps you understand how it all works.

Send us a video of you jamming away to it 🙂

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Quite interesting indeed! I definitely am intrigued by the looper and will invest in one as soon as I can. I definitely will go with the simpler one. 😅

Ideally, I would like to try recording different “layers” like the old MIDI programs. Not sure if you know what that is, but I used to love making up dumb little songs with synthesizers in composing software and my piano keyboard. Trying to figure out how I could do that now but with my uke.

I’m definitely going to start going through the theory course and the recording course on here. I think that will help clarify some things for sure.

Oh intriguing! So, I know basically nothing about jazz or jazz improvisation, but now I feel like I have to try that. If anything my efforts may prove amusing at least. Thank you kindly for the in depth reply!! 😁

surferjay
    Participant

Sooo.. talking about MIDI programs I purchased a month ago a Akai MPK keyboard. It’s basically let’s you connect to a DAW (where you record/edit music) and you can create midi tracks with it 🙂

I have not had a chance to play with it but it’s on my list of things to explore in 2023 (by the time I get around to it haha)

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Ohhhh, that’s pretty neat! I didn’t realize that was still a thing but I haven’t looked into that in depth because until now I couldn’t afford to replace my keyboard. For me, I’m interested in getting a full keyboard, maybe even 88 keys, so that I can also use it for playing piano as well. Not sure if that makes sense. While that’s awesome it seems more geared toward………. Creating beats?

But now you’ve got me curious to know if I could get a similar program to what I had back in the ’90’s and the double-o single digies (’00’s). That’s what the cool kids say…

There are too many neat things to try and not enough time. 😅

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.