Rough Version of Canon in D (C)

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Rough Version of Canon in D (C)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    surferjay
    Participant

Setup is everything IMHO. Without a correct setup you’re not getting the most out of the instrument. If you buy from a dedicated Uke shop the setup is free. I purchased from Southern Ukulele Store in the UK and they really fine tuned the playability in the setup.

In the US you have Mims Ukes and she is well known for her awesome setups if you buy from her 😎

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@robinboyd, thank you so much for that explanation! I definitely am going to have to look into that and read up on that more. You have done some of your own modifications to your uke?

@surferjay
    , thank you kindly for that suggestion! Now I may have to investigate some of my ukes to see where they stand in that way. I’m mostly curious what the difference might be. I guess I could take them in to the local guitar shop. They have many a uke there too. I just don’t know enough to be able to tell these things myself yet. 😅

I feel like we need to have an RC101 convention at some point. Such a lovely community here! I don’t know if that’s something that’s ever happened or if I’m crazy for suggesting that. Probably. 😅😳

surferjay
    Participant

I used to follow a guy on YouTube and what he did once a month was have like an open mic on zoom for members. It was a great place to meet up (virtually) and the idea was that each person played something (or just listened). It wasn’t really a showcase of playing more of people just playing something they had learnt.

I know on here we have the monthly competition where everyone shares their entry but a live hang out/open mic would be cool as well 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard – nice new name! I’ve only sanded down the base of my saddle and changed my strings. More than that is too scary for me.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, that would be so neat to try! Probably way more practical / realistic than an in person convention anyway. Another thing you could do with that is coordinate with other people and play two or three parts of a song live. Not sure if that would work though. That’s a cool idea though! ☺️

@robinboyd
    , thank you kindly for that! Andrew kindly changed my user name because I wanted it to be the same as on YouTube for the monthly live lessons.

Hehe I know what you mean! That’s why I’d be too scared right now to do things like that because I’d be afraid of wrecking my uke. I’m even scared of changing strings because I’ve snapped them before. I’m glad you guys brought up setup though, just another interesting layer to the uke world. 😉😅

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

I replied, but my post disappeared. I think that happens with posts if you edit them too much. We were on a hot streak for that not happening for a minute … 😅😂🥺😭

I’ll just wait for Andrew to notice this time … 😂😳

surferjay
    Participant

If Rockclass arrange a Zoom Open Mic I’m there 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

I might be there for an open mic, but with the time difference, the chances are it would be scheduled for 3am or something.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Hehehe nice! I feel there must be a time that could be tolerable for everyone. I’m earmarking this idear for shizz. Let’s burden Andrew and co. with more ideas like this. 😉😂

amybeth
    Participant

Wow! Mind blown! So good! I’m hopeful I can someday play like y’all! Great job! Though you talked way over my head. I will keep plugging along with the beginner lessons!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@amybeth, agreed! So good! I… I cried when I listened to it the first time. @surferjay inspired me to get a looper pedal thing (but I haven’t gotten it yet). Clearly my knowledge is also advanced. 😉😅 I’m sure you’ll do great! There’s so much great material on RC101. 😊

surferjay
    Participant

@amybeth You’ll be up and running in no time looking forward to hearing you play 🙂

@the_bumble_bard
    I’ve just added lots of backing tracks onto my looper.. so now I just click the looper on choose a song and then jam away with a full band.. Some Neo Soul to glide into the weekend 🎺🎺🎺

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by surferjay.
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, that was so dang neat and good!! I’m so jealous of how free you seem to be in your jammin’. Dang, man!

Between that and everyone’s entries in the contest so far this month and the advanced etude…

(Takes my ukuleles, piles them up, and begins dousing them in gasoline, hand trembling with a lit match while sobbing)

Just joking… mostly. 🥺😂

gi_gi_
    Participant

@surferjay Can I just say that you are absolutely killing it and inspiring me to get my pedal board out with my looper on it. This is good stuff. Keep at it.

FYI Ukulele Underground has an Open Mic every first Thursday of every month for free and it’s open to any and everyone…you don’t have to be a Member of theirs to participate. They allow 2 songs per participant.

surferjay
    Participant

@the_bumble_bard That’s very kind, I do find music is a great place to lose yourself. I’ve seen you playing and you’re awesome although I’d be interested to know how much fuel a Uke can burn for just in case there is a Zombie Apocalypse…

@gi_gi_
    that’s such a lovely thing to say I really appreciate it 😍 I’ll check out the open mic 👀

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by surferjay.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.