scales and fingering

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing scales and fingering

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joeyleg
    Participant

Greetings! are there scales to use for warm ups anywhere in these lessons?

I would very much like to learn the complete fretboard and scales might be the way to do so, right?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by joeyleg.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Check out this lesson for 3 warm up exercises, one of which is a sequenced pattern out of C Major.

For learning scales, check out our theory course. Module 1, Unit 3 covers the major scale.

Module 3 shows you how to alter it to create other scales. That module also has the major scale notated in 5 positions throughout the neck and shows you 2 ways to approach soloing using major and minor pentatonic.

Have fun and let me know if you have any questions! 🙂

becky7777
    Participant

Not sure if this will help at all, it’s something i’m doing in addition to the lessons above.

I chose the note “G” to start with.

1) First I located all the G notes on my fretboard, including open string notes. This number will be different depending on how many frets each ukulele has. (My uke has 16 frets, so I personally have 6 total normal places I can play the note “G” on my instrument. Two G’s per string.)

2) Going from G to A strings, I say, “G” out loud first, & play all the G’s on each string.

3) Once I can play a given note from G-A strings confidently, I go back from the A string to the G string.

I have no idea how to ‘properly’ practice this, so you’re kind of on your own with it, like me. Just shared what i’m trying since it literally covers the entire fretboard for each note.

joeyleg
    Participant

Thank you Andrew and Becky! That was so kind of you guys to respond with very helpful info. Now on to practicing!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.