Seasick Dream – Chord Riff Question

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Seasick Dream – Chord Riff Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kennyh

Hello, I am trying to learn Seasick Dream by Jack Johnson. Found chords and finger picking intro but I am a little confused as I am relatively new to UKE. The riff is a G7sus2 fingerpicked, G7 fingerpicked and then a G Chord but from what I read it looks like a finger picking riff but the the note says Hold chord and focus on these notes. Can anyone tell me what they are saying. Not sure if I am fingerpicking it or strumming.

D U D U D U D U
    A-2-2–0-0—–0-0—
    E 3-3
    C
    G

sir_anzalot
    Participant

It is a little difficult to tell what exactly your question is about whith that snippet alone. Could you post a link to the tab / tutorial you are working with and specify the section giving you a hard time again? It might be possible to work it out from there.

kennyh

Sir_Anzalot,
    Just saw your reply. Appreciate. I have attached the front page of what I am working with. The area of issue is the bottom right hand corner. G Chord Riff. Dont understand where they say Hold chorus and focus on these notes.

robinboyd
    Participant

I think what they mean is finger the chord with your left hand, but just play the riff. It’s a bit misleading, because that’s most likely what you’d do if they said nothing at all.

kennyh

Thanks, i will give it a try.

egomaniac
    Participant

The link above is my cover of Jack’s Seasick Dream.

I learned the song by ear. Hope this helps a bit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.