So This Is Love

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing So This Is Love

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    madz_about_uke
    Participant

I love the ukulele + vocal arrangement Ashely makes, it sounds so beautiful and exquisite. Although I am a natural Alto, I tried to sing her key controlling my head voice ๐Ÿ˜…
    Here is my take on So This Is Love.

robinboyd
    Participant

Really nice job Madz!

annemarie
    Participant

Beautiful singing, lady! That would be a beautiful lullaby to sing to a child.

coffeemug
    Participant

So lovely, Madz!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Beautiful, @Madz_About_Uke!! ๐Ÿ˜€

It’s neat that you can sing outside of your natural range of singing. I can only sing in the key of cringe. But this is so lovely! I’m so jealous! ๐Ÿ˜‰

madz_about_uke
    Participant

@robinboyd Thank you for taking the time to watch and listen, appreciate it much!

@annemarie
    oh yes a lullaby! I was dedicating the song to my new ukulele hearing it nicely playing after hours of DIY setup.

@coffeemug
    Thank you so much. I appreciate you watching me play/sing.

@potato_lady I sound unnatural here (haha). I could not transpose to lower key as I do not know how to do so in Ashely’s arrangement (unless I’ll be playing baritone capo on the 3rd?)
    BTW Congratulations! You are so lucky! Thank you for listening to this video.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@madz_about_uke, I have never really tried transposing on a uke like that, not a full song like that yet, but that seems to make sense, lol! Just out of curiosity, would it work if you sang lower, but played the uke music as it is?

I don’t think you sound unnatural at all, I thought it was lovely! I feel like it’s always good to push the limits of what you normally do, as long as you aren’t pushing too hard and getting stressed.

I enjoy picking a uke song ridiculously beyond my skills to play, then just going for it! But I don’t find that stressful; that’s where I feel like I grow the most and thrive the most, and what I love to do on the uke. One of the first songs I tried to learn was Cello Prelude No. 1 by Bach. I love complicated fingerpicking, classical songs on uke (well, Baroque in that case?).

Thank you kindly, madz!! I still feel so honored and blessed to have won! ๐Ÿ˜€ I genuinely still can’t believe it, lol. There’s so much potential with it, too, and so much to learn. Very overwhelming. I feel like my brain is what’s in overdrive……. ;] I wonder if they may give away the other electric ukes that I didn’t pick, though? I don’t know how that works. I’m brand new to the site, too, and this happened. LOL. Thank you, though!

robinboyd
    Participant

@Potato_Lady –

madz_about_uke
    Participant

@Potato_Lady โ€“ oh! dear me, this made my day! hahahaha Thank you ๐Ÿ˜›

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@robinboyd, hahahahahaha!! Absolutely brilliant! Love that one! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Yeah, that’s pretty much me when I sing but unintentional of course. ๐Ÿ˜…

@madz_about_uke
    , haha of course!! Glad that it did! ๐Ÿ˜

gi_gi_
    Participant

@madz_about_uke Oh I loved that. I have been practicing the same thing. I feel more comfortable in the lower registers of my voice but I find itโ€™s because thatโ€™s what I default to. I too have been working on the same thing so I find this video so encouraging and upbuilding. You have such a beautiful voice. It doesnโ€™t sound unnatural at all. Itโ€™s just another part of your voice ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for sharing it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.