Song difficulty ratings and blues course

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Song difficulty ratings and blues course

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dnourie
    Participant

Hi,

This is about the site rather than Ukes. Wasn’t sure where to post.

There are a lot of songs on the site now, but there doesn’t seem to be a good search for them. Only by title that I can find. I thought there was a search in the past that allowed for searching for beginner, intermediate, or advanced songs, but maybe I’m wrong. That would be super helpful to me.

Also, I have enjoyed some of the short blues lessons, but there isn’t a course on Blues. I’m not familiar with blues but always enjoy the short walking bass lines or 12 bar blues. I wonder if you could add a Blues and Jazz Ukelele course? Or point me to it if I missed it. I have searched on blues but I’m not sure what order I should watch the videos in.

thank you!!!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Dana, in 2021, we revamped the way you can sort lessons. The new method allows you to sort by difficulty level, as well as, tuning or genre. It’s available for our song series, concept lessons, mini lessons, and courses. To learn how to use it, please watch the second video on this page and jump to 10:42.

Currently, we do not have a stand-alone course for the blues. But this is something I would like to add in the future, as our stand-alone course for Classical Music was well received.

In the meantime, you may want to check out this lesson for an overview and explanation on the 12 bar blues form.

This lesson teaches you 3 walking-bass lines for blues ukulele (Beg/Int/Adv levels).

I’d also recommend checking out Module 3 in our Music Theory Course as it covers soloing over the blues.

dnourie
    Participant

Andrew, thank you sooooo much!

dnourie
    Participant

So I discovered that the advanced search options are no longer showing up on the ukulele songs page for me. They used to be there, I know, I’ve used them in the past. That was when I was on a Dell laptop. But on my iPad they don’t show up. Under the Winner ad at the top right, that column is blank. No search at all. It’s weird. Is anyone else having this issue?

Andrew, can you let your developer know the advanced search for songs is not appearing. I suspect that is specific to ipad.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you for letting me know, Dana. Upon testing, this appears to be a bug with Google Chrome’s latest version. I will report the bug to their team. In the meantime, please use the Safari browser. Everything is working normal there 🙂

I will post an update here when it has been resolved with Chrome.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Dana, I looked into this issue more today and was able to find the bug that caused the issue. I am reporting it to the developer, but in the meantime, you can resume using Chrome on iPad as I’ve found a work-around that prevents it from happening. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention. I really appreciate it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.