Soundhole cover to reduce feedback

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Soundhole cover to reduce feedback

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    glennclewis63
    Participant

Hi,

Has anyone used a soundhole cover from Lutehole.com to successfully reduce or eliminate feedback while playing with an overdrive – or other – effects pedal?

jinajupiter
    Participant

Heii I was wondering if these existed at all. For Uke. So, good to hear they exist. Have you tried yet?

glennclewis63
    Participant

Hey, yes, I have, at this point. My disclaimer is that when I first encountered bad feedback issues, I was over at a friend’s house using his pedals. He was the one that suggested I look into Feedback Busters, which come in stock sizes for guitar (made of rubber and look like ashtrays). I haven’t gotten back over to his house since I ordered and received my Luteholes to try them out with his pedals. He had one that I really liked, except for the feedback issue. All I can tell you at the moment is that the Lutehole covers are gorgeous (you have to order them custom sized for your uke) and look great on the uke, but am not sure if they will defeat the feedback problems I was having with my friend’s pedals. He doesn’t live close by, so I’m not sure when we’ll get together again. I did join the “pedal of the month” club at the local Rock-n-Roll Rentals shop and have tried some other pedals, but they didn’t cause any feedback. Unfortunately, the effects weren’t what I was hoping for, either. Anyway, once I get a better sense of how well the covers work, I’ll follow up with another post.

jinajupiter
    Participant

Another option is to check where the mic is placed in your uke, the position. And the quality of the mic. I play accordion in a very loud ska band. I have Senheizer mics build in. A problem is that my mics also pick up other instruments. You can buy a equalizer and find on what kHz there is feedback. I use this Carl Martin for my accordion, but there are plenty of other EQ. devices that will work with your uke.
    Btw I bought a 2nd hand Boss ME 70 FX pedal and it is so much fun! It has all sorts of distortion, delay, reverb, even wah wah, octaver and a simple looper and more. If you don’t have an amp you can use headphones. They are not so expensive 2nd hand, I payed 80 € about 90 $, because this isn’t the latest ME model.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.