Spanish Romance

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Spanish Romance

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    surferjay
    Participant

@gi_gi It looks awesome! Such a great idea to get everyone involved. If there is another round I may get involved ๐Ÿ˜Ž

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Surferjay There are only a certain amt of NFTs and there are some left. You can still buy one. It gives lots of perks like working on an album with James Hill..other perks to come.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by gi_gi_.
    leb397
    Participant

Hi there! Finally getting time to see other performanceโ€™s. @TBB I love this Spanish Romance. So pretty. Your acoustic sound greatโ€ฆ like youโ€™re around water :). Excellent entry this month too on Etude 1. @gi_gi you too. Congrats on Andrew featuring your entry. So cool being recognized. Any encouragement feeds the soul and keeps us playing. Keep posting @TBB. Love your entries and fun spirit. Btw I call your wardrobe โ€œcozy clothes โ€œ usually a must by 5:00 ๐Ÿ˜‰

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, thank you so much, my friend!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’• Yes, the encouragement from others here means so much, especially since it’s so easy to just fixate on your mistakes.

I saw both your entries in the challenge; you really went above and beyond learning two and they turned out so great! I loved all the song options and listening to everyone play them, but I played it safe learning only the beginner song. Next time, I’m going to challenge myself a bit more, but I also felt blocked or stuck this month, like you mentioned in your post in the challenge thread.

Hahaha, cozy clothes indeed! ๐Ÿ˜… Yes, definitely after 5pm, but………. I enjoy being in pajamas as much as is reasonable. ๐Ÿ˜‚ And again thank you so much! I feel more open to sharing and being silly because everyone here is so encouraging and accepting of those things. ๐Ÿ˜Š

gi_gi_
    Participant

@leb397 Thanks so much. I was shocked that he featured me.
    Your entries are so good.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by gi_gi_.
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@gi_gi_ have you heard this one by Jeff Peterson? I’m sure you have. YouTube randomly recommended this to me. So amazing! Is that song in his music book? Also is there any Chopin in there? Here ’tis: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jXxt32caI9g

Also, after listening, I have heard Lagrima before. Rock Class has a very lovely arrangement of that one that I started to learn but then got distracted. Andrew also wrote a song based on Lagrima–that I also started to learn, then got distracted. ๐Ÿ˜… I think it’s just called Classical Etude but that one is also lovely.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

One more thing. I recorded this a few days ago. I copied your idea, gi gi, to make it black and white. ๐Ÿ˜… I may post this tomorrow on my little YouTubes (plural) channel:

leb397
    Participant

@ttb that is so cool. You are better than you think! Love it, def YouTubes it!๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

leb397
    Participant

Sorry @the_bumble_bard read aboveโ€ฆ not ttb ๐Ÿ˜

gi_gi_
    Participant

@TBB ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ That was sooooooooooo amazing. I want to learn that now. You played with such showmanship too. You can tell you play the piano. I loved it sooooo much.
    I joined the ukulele corner which is Jeffโ€™s site where he explains all his pieces in the book and they have a monthly lesson with him on Zoom. The first day I joined there was a live class and he was teaching how to improvise. It was great. Then they had their first open mic last week. I donโ€™t see Chopin on their site yet but heโ€™s always adding to it. These are the Artistโ€™s I see pieces for under the Classical genre:
    Dionisio Aguado, J.S. Bach, Augustin Barrios Mangore, Ludwig van Beethoven, Johannes Brahms, Matteo Carcassi, Ferdinando Carulli, Francois Couperin, Jose Ferrer, Mauro Giuliani, Edvard Grieg, George Frideric Handel, Robert Johnson, Johann Krieger, Luis Milan, Niccolo Paganini, Jeff Peterson himself :), Christian Petzold, Manuel Ponce, Giacomo Puccini, Gaspar Sanz, Fernando Sor, Francisco Tarrega, Antonio Vivaldi and others like the one you showed a video of up above.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@TBB did you create that arrangement? Youโ€™re so good. Iโ€™m amazed.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, hahaha! At this point I will answer to any of those monikers, but admittedly “tbb” makes more sense. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜… Thank you very kindly! I know I’ve said it often but your encouragement has meant a lot because I’m so nervous and unsure about sharing these things. So thank you! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’• Especially that one because I struggled with it a lot, more than I can even say.

@gi_gi_
    hehe, thank you so, so much, my friend! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’• Your encouraging words have kept me going and truly uplifted me. I have really been trying to focus on letting myself be more expressive in my playing, convey what I feel in playing songs that move me, and that has helped me push through the intense anxiety I feel when recording. And yes, playing piano since I was young helped so much in learning uke and it really influences my playing for sure.

Thank you for sharing all that about Jeff Peterson! I think I’ll have to look at that, definitely all the stuff he has on his site, but right now an open mic would be too much for me. Did you join in on that? I think I have to get his book. It sounds like there’s some real gems in there. ๐Ÿ˜…

And NO, that is not my arrangement! I actually included a link to the tabs on my video, if you’d like to learn it, too! It’s an 8notes arrangement. But I have thought about modifying it to make it more like the version on guitar because this version is actually pretty simple by comparison. However, that one crazy double stop run, followed by that 2 to 8 stretch; I have about a 10% success rate in playing that right. ๐Ÿ˜…

leb397
    Participant

@TBB I just found the tabs you linked for the 8note opus 9 and yikes those stretches are tough. I tried it with a low g. Not sure you used that but gave it a rich sound. Of course I played it a โ€œ10โ€ ๐Ÿ˜†. More administration for YOU getting through it. I may continue. Iโ€™ll have to watch your fingering more if I do. Kudos

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, oh my, yes… The stretches in that song, especially the stretch from fret 2 to 8 in measure 25, are pretty crazy, but measures 22 – 25 I honestly have been working on for a long time. They were hard for me. And I had to figure out all the fingering for it without any help. ๐Ÿ˜… Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜ I played it on a high g concert uke. I bet it would sound lovely on a low g. I’m not sure which it was meant to be for. I’d love to hear your take! I can probably help if you have any issues with the fingering because I have spent a lot of time figuring it out. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ณ

surferjay
    Participant

Oh tbbbbbbbbbbb I feel like how one of those one of those proud judges giving a standing evasion on X Factor must feel when theyโ€™ve just watched some evolve to greatness.

Honestly, there are lots of artists who I can say inspire me become aโ€™realโ€™ musician and play better Kalei, Corey, Taimane, pretty much all the guests on Hawaii Music Supplyโ€ฆ

But that wow.. to watch you play at that level Iโ€™m blown away and inspired ๐Ÿ˜ Clarity, feeling man Iโ€™m just speechless ๐Ÿ˜

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by surferjay.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.