Star Wars Medley

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Star Wars Medley

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    planetfink
    Participant

I thought it might be fun to try to come up with a way of adding Andrew’s Cantina melody (just the first part) into Matt’s Star Wars Medley. I’ve tried adding it after the main theme and before the Imperial March. I play D then Dm (instead of Ddim7) at the end of the main theme to get into the Cantina song and then the F at the end to Ddim7 to get to the Imperial March. It sounds a little weird and forced, but it was fun to try to figure it out.

anirbaf
    Participant

do you have a recording of it? i’d like to hear it (:

planetfink
    Participant

I’m still working on it. I think it will sound good, but I’m not there yet.

lyndallk
    Participant

Looking forward to hearing it!

planetfink
    Participant

If you want to try this, I have short demo of how I am getting into and out of the Cantina Song. I put it between the main theme and the Imperial March. I played the transitions slowly with a metronome so you can see how the rhythm works. I started on measure 12 of main theme. I played the eight notes straight, but in the actual song they are swung. The Cantina song is in cut time so you can keep the same tempo with half notes as one beat instead of the quarter notes. The chord going in is the Dm from Cantina song replacing the Ddim7. Coming out of the Cantina song I play the F, followed by Ddim7 (on first and second frets), leading into measure 14, start of the Imperial March.

nthibode

Nice @planetfink!

Hi Andrew, just started working on the Star Wars Medley. In synthetic mode, bars 3 and 4, the G(1) chord doesn’t sound quite right. Am I wrong?

planetfink
    Participant

Here is a rough version of what is sounds like. A lot of missed notes, but I think you can get the idea of how the Cantina Song can fit into the medley, and those of you with better ukulele chops can make it sound smoother. I would love to see your versions.

kanae926
    Participant

That’s so cool you thought to mash those together. I think it sounded great!

robinboyd
    Participant

I love it!

anirbaf
    Participant

it sounds so unexpected, i love it !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.