Still need help with scrolling tab settings

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Still need help with scrolling tab settings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ukukelley1
    Participant

Andrew,
    First — I’m very excited about the March Challenge! I have made a recording of Etude # 3 and I’m working on getting it posted for starters. You’ll notice the tempo is slow, so I want to bring this one up to tempo first, and then maybe tackle one of the intermediate etudes, too — lots of days left in March!
    So… I want to use the scrolling tab to work on bringing Etude # 3 up to tempo, but the only adjustment I see to make is half or full speed (lower left), and I can’t find how to set a delay before starting so that I’m not behind between clicking the mouse and getting my hands around the uke.
    I also see a loop setting when I right click the video spot, but I don’t see how to select measures for looping.
    I think it seems like a great tool, so I’d like to be using it more effectively.
    Thanks – and if I can sort out my recording technical difficulties, I’ll post my first challenge entry later today.
    Your site is amazing! You do a great job not only at playing, but also at teaching and administering a great site!
    Sheryl

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Sheryl,

You can disable the video portion and only play the audio with the tab (to adjust speed incrementally from 25% to 100%). You can do this by clicking on the gear icon and choosing the “audio only” version instead. Furthermore, you can select “synthetic” (same steps as above) and it allows you to turn a metronome on, which is a great asset! Unfortunately, there is no count in method at this time (i.e. 4 clicks before measure one).

Also, here is a complete list of features with video demos (which shows how to loop/highlight bars, etc): Soundslice Features

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Andrew

philrab66
    Participant

Hi Sheryl
    I watch all my tabs just with the midi sound then you can adjust tempo to what you want. Also there is a count in two little arrows to left of screen gives you a few options count in , loop etc. Spend a few minutes clicking all the buttons to see what they do.
    Phil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.